• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSN Sony Kills Proxy Workaround for PSN Access

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
playstation.jpg

According to various reports from users over on our forums, Sony has locked out all users attempting to access PSN on firmware 3.41 and below, even those using the proxy-based workaround detailed in this thread. Might there be other methods that bypass this restriction in the future? Perhaps. But for now -- it's 3.42 or nothing.

We can't say we're surprised at the swift response[...]

Continue reading: Sony Kills Proxy Workaround for PSN Access...

Darkchild

The Doctor
I'm working on a proxy bypass myself, if you wanna be up to date, just go to my blog.
(dcheartly.blogspot.com)

keyblayder

Guys don't update to 3.42.I have read that the 3.42 update causes the PS3 system to slow down.That means slow loading times,sound issues with games,games constantly freeze or crash and some PS3 systems are crashing when updating.This has been confirmed by many people.If you want to update to 3.42 just have another thought now.Wait until Sony will patch this.

january39

eXo Staff
Im on 3.42 and i cannot see any change at all - maybe i'm lucky. A

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

Riorio99

3.42 works fine for me. I forgot about the updating-breaks-the-jailbreak thing until I finished the update. I'm sure the Jailbreak will be patched before any homebrew lands, or it gets ported to a device I own, anyway.