• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Sony On PS Vita Transition: Might Allow UMD Owners To Buy Digital Conversions At Discount Price

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ng.jpg

While Sony was planning a UMD to digital download initiative with the PSPgo, it never got off the ground. With PS Vita, the company seems to be taking things a bit more seriously. Although nothing is set in stone yet, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan is considering to let UMD owners purchase digital conversions on PlayStation Network at a discount rate, reports Dengeki PlayStation.

Weighing in at 1.8GB for a dual-layer disc, the UMD was PSP's format of choice[...]

Continue reading: Sony On PS Vita Transition: Might Allow UMD Owners To Buy Digital Conversions At Discount Price...

hush404

I hope it's a heavy discount... not just a 15% slash or something. I'm not paying $20 for a digital copy of my UMD games. That said, I really have no clue how they're going to figure out whom has what games on UMD...