• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Sony Promises Simultaneous Delivery for NGP

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ngp4.jpg

PSPgo owners have often lamented over the late delivery of UMD to digital conversions - and sometimes the complete lack of a digital counterpart, in the case of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. With NGP, Sony is ensuring that no omissions are made on the digital side. Retail and digital will receive every title at the same time, barring PSN-exclusive offerings.

SCEE boss Andrew House clarified the company's digital plans in a recent interview with UK trade site MCV:
One thing we learnt from PSP, is that we want to have simultaneous delivery in digital and physical for NGP[...]

Continue reading: Sony: All NGP Retail Releases Will Match Digital...

Spiros

Maiki
I'll be buying the NGP on launch, so it's definitely nice to see they've heard their customers and are learning from their mistakes.

Hellcat

Contributor
Same here.

Maybe they'll even do a simultanious release of the PSP2/NGP itself, so I would not need to import one from JP on launch.

Adiuvo

Given the whole fiasco with the Go, they better make sure developers stick on this time around. I'm still waiting for BBS.

Bran

Yell
I might not buy it at launch, but I really want to get this. Now that I have a decent job maybe I can get it sooner than later.

Spiros

Maiki
Same here.

Maybe they'll even do a simultanious release of the PSP2/NGP itself, so I would not need to import one from JP on launch.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. I did read on the NGP wikipedia page that Sony is pushing for a simultaneous North American Q4 release, but I haven't been able to find where exactly that came from.

TeamOverload

Nice to hear, but again, we have to hope that they actually stick to this and hope it's not just talk.

On a slightly off-topic note, how many people here are actually going to get the 3G model over wi-fi? Do you really need 3G on your handheld game systems?

Adiuvo

I'm in the same boat as Spiros. Unless the 3G model comes packed with more features than just the 3G a WIFI hotspot from my phone replaces it just fine.

Bran

Yell
I don't think I'd get the 3G version unless the features are amazing. I have an hour commute to work and everything so portables are very valuable to me (I've been playing the shit out of my DS), but I don't think I get good enough signal on the train to use 3G well. 3G is not fast enough for online gaming anyway is it? I can just use in the internet when I'm at home.

I spend probably about 33% of my time using portables outside, and 66% playing them in bed when my girlfirend is asleep.

Also 3G is probably not free. I'm not paying $20+ a month for 3G I'm only going to use 2 hours a day if that.

angelsniper45

I reallllly want to get back into the PSP scene so hopefully this won't be a disappointment like the GO was. I haven't had a PSP for a few years so more than likely i'll be buying this within the launch week.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
@Bran 3G is perfectly capable of supporting online gaming, rts's, to fps's, i play them all over 3G using an iphone

as for the question posed, same thing as spiro's, ganna use my phone as a hotspot