• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Sony PS3 losing Money!!

JKing

Banned
It's believed that Sony spends $805.85 on every 20GB PS3 that rolls off the assembly line. The 60GB version of the system supposedly costs Sony $840.35. This means that for every 60GB PS3 sold, Sony loses $241.35, and for every 20GB system sold, the company takes a $306.85 loss.

If sony is losing that much money, what was the purpose of making this system?

Now when is comes to the xbox

Microsoft's system costs $323.30 to make, which means that Microsoft is actually making $75.70 for every unit sold

Hm.

J

Junit

well , blu-ray = gay-ray , the only reason the machine is expensive , if no blu-ray , everyone one would go ps3 , but blue-ray makes the machine cost more so everyone goes to 360 , sony stabbed themselfs in the back ..

J

Junit

Well , They dont really lose money if you think about it , If you buy 3-6 games that there money back

bwalker

yes they loose money but they planned on this. They make alot of money off games too, i think they know what they are doing lol, i hope so as i own one. But as for blu-ray i think it was a good idea. I like the idea that they can make games longer and blue ray movies look awsome and there not that expensive. I think it just needs time to grow. I also thought that microsoft lost money on the xbox 360 as well and they didnt start turning a profit yet or just did, i know i read it some where ifi can fina a link i will post.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
No, no, no, no, there, bwalker. It was the original Xbox that they went in the hole for- they were losing money from the time the first one rolled off of the assembly line all the way to when they stopped makin' 'em. (If they have stopped, I know they've stopped makin' games for 'em, but I don't know about actual consoles) But I don't think they've been losing money on the shree-sittys... Unless they're losin' money on the elite, which would seem logical, but I dunno for sure. *shrug*

bwalker

i should clerify i dont think they are loosing money with each console sold but i read somewhere that they havent or just started turning a profit from the actual console. They get most of the money from software and stuff. Although i may be wrong also