• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Sony To Ramp Up Indie Support With PS Vita

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ng.jpg

The console space has become increasingly more viable for small-budget indie studios with digital avenues like Xbox Live and PSN. With PS Vita, Sony hopes to rally even more support from indies, as it believes innovation*will stifle if the barrier to entry is too*high.

"As an industry, we have to support those smaller teams, and let them try out their ideas[...]

Continue reading: Sony To Ramp Up Indie Support With PS Vita...

january39

eXo Staff
Thats great and everything, but still no support for homebrew stuff.....

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Thats great and everything, but still no support for homebrew stuff.....

And you shall never see it. Indie is as close as it gets, and I guess that's pretty good already.

Hardrive

Contributor
It won't be "too expensive." Even that's too expensive - XNA is free to develop with and only costs $99 for the ability to publish.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
It won't be "too expensive." Even that's too expensive - XNA is free to develop with and only costs $99 for the ability to publish.

That is the whole reason why Android and iOS are so popular, I can't remeber iOS license pricing, but Android asks for 25€ and retains 30% of each sale I believe. SDK is free.

january39

eXo Staff
And you shall never see it. Indie is as close as it gets, and I guess that's pretty good already.

Admittedly its a step the right way, i just can't see why Sony can't see it - if they allowed it i am sure their customer base would increase.

Robby

Los Doyers!
That is the whole reason why Android and iOS are so popular, I can't remeber iOS license pricing, but Android asks for 25€ and retains 30% of each sale I believe. SDK is free.
I believe iOS is $99 just like XNA.

I'm just going to wait til it get's hacked and enjoy homebrew on it then.