• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Sony Unveils PSP2, Codename NGP

Robby

Los Doyers!
A cheaper wifi only model has been confirmed by Sony. I'll be getting that model for sure.

Spiros

Maiki
Well, it seems there will be atleast 2 SKUs, one with wifi only, and one with wifi & 3G.

I'll be getting the wifi only one aswell, now a days if you have a decent smart phone you can do wireless tethering anyway. I know on jailbreaking Iphones theres an app that can do that, which is much more convenient than having an extra data plan.

Also, I read that they were working on partnering with mobile companies, so either you will be able to get one discounted but with a contract or it'll be up to you to go and get the data plan for it. I wonder will it have a sim card slot?

Deathrow

I wanted to kill that women translating or whatever she was doing.

edit haha bad joke :p

Dan

Contributor
Uncharted looks so awesome. I hope I can disable the Giro on it though, probably won't be a fan of that as much as the touch screen(s).

Edit: Due to the OLED screen, would it be possible to make an application that generates an easy-on-the-eyes ebook reader? I'd absolutely love that.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Uncharted looks so awesome. I hope I can disable the Giro on it though, probably won't be a fan of that as much as the touch screen(s).

Edit: Due to the OLED screen, would it be possible to make an application that generates an easy-on-the-eyes ebook reader? I'd absolutely love that.

Most likely Sony has already thought about that (I hope D: I really do).

Does anyone else also think that the new XMB (whatever it's called) seems based on Android?

Dan

Contributor
Yep, in fact there's several factors stating it's Android based, the most notable being the 'Playstation Suite' as it is now called appearing on the Android Market.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Yep, in fact there's several factors stating it's Android based, the most notable being the 'Playstation Suite' as it is now called appearing on the Android Market.

The Playstation Suite is already online? o_O has Sony made a partnership with Google? Sure sounds like it...