• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Sony's Koller Says Company Has a 10-Year Plan for PS Vita

David Sanchez

PS-Vita.jpg

Sony seems to love its 10-year hardware plans. The PlayStation 2 had a 10-year plan. The PlayStation 3 is currently in the midst of its 10-year plan. And now it looks like the Vita will have a whole decade for itself, as well.

"We’re in year one, so we’ll be supporting it for some time," SCEA VP of Hardware Marketing John Koller told IGN.

Continue reading...

cyclonechuah

OLED Display could only last around 1~2 years after that the display will easily spot a difference between a new one due to the fact that it is using organic material which will degrades over time.
If this crap can last for 10 years, that means every 1~3 year you will spend money buying another PsVITA

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
10 years eh? Well, I guess you should've put better hardware in there Sony! Maybe you can come up with a UMD drive USB attachment while you are at it then eh?
I'm surprised there aren't more "The VITA is a failure" rants going around. Considering that the 3DS was called a failure and was doing much better by this time in it's life cycle and has now almost outsold the Gamecube in worldwide sales.

One thing that really irks me about the Vita, is that developers are shady and put Sub-native resolution games on there. I mean, damn if it can't even play a port of a 11 year old PS2 game at Half the resolution of 720p(vita resolution is ~56% of the pixels of 720p. 960x544=522,240 vs 1280x720=921,600) It's gonna face trouble in the future if they have a "10 year plan"