• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Sony's Sexy New NGP In Photos

Dan

Contributor
The OS is ugly as fuck, I don't know how anybody can think that UI looks nice; it's just a rainbow of bubbles and nightmares.

Spiros

Maiki
The console, and I agree with Dan, the OS looks like a quick photoshop draft.

It probably was, I doubt they'll stick with that GUI for very long. Hopefully they'll take a second and read what people are saying and change it before launch.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i imagine we'll see a much better revision of the ui at E3, it's probably one of the first revision's that we're seeing

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
i imagine we'll see a much better revision of the ui at E3, it's probably one of the first revision's that we're seeing

Well the name isn't final and the hardware is being toted as "prototype" so that's certainly a possibility (just like the original Nintendo DS)

Adiuvo

Personally I've always liked a bit of bulk. They usually weigh more and that to me makes it feel less cheap.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah for a handheld, I would like it to have a little weight. Makes it more comfortable to hold plus easier to grip. And the bulkiness makes it seem more high tech.

Spiros

Maiki
It's the same for me, I've always much preferred the feel of the original phat PSP to the slim.

plutoniumrings

I would have to say, Nice Design. Sony may still be in the Console Wars yet via Handheld. I do admit the PSPGo was a total disasterly and Epic fail on their part. With no UMD drive, it was a terrible deal for all us PSP owners. Will we be able to register our games so we can download them to the new NPG??? Will the final design have a UMD drive? I hope so because I dont want to re-buy all of my games just so I can play them on the NPG. Honestly, I would be pissed if I had to spend $20-50 again. And I only enjoy a few of them at that. Sony, do not dissapoint us or we will fall to Microshaft for our next enjoyment factor.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Welcome to the site, plutoniumrings.

Sony has stated that the NGP will not have a UMD drive of any sort. Seems the only way to play PSP titles is to douple dip on PSN.

To be honest, backwards compatibility isn't crucial to me. If it's there that's icing on the cake. I'm going to buy a new handheld to play new games, not old ones.

Dan

Contributor
Just thought that with 4G cropping up in the market, perhaps Sony will do a 4G model at some point?

Bran

Yell
I've never really used 3G so I'm not familiar with what kind of latency it gets, or if it's particularly lossy. I imagine it would suck depending on your location and how much you are moving. Seems like switching between towers would cause a lot of packets to get lost.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I've never really used 3G so I'm not familiar with what kind of latency it gets, or if it's particularly lossy. I imagine it would suck depending on your location and how much you are moving. Seems like switching between towers would cause a lot of packets to get lost.

I tend to get about 300ms ping over 3g to servers I get about 40ms ping over DSL with.