• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Sorting achievements

Yirg

Is there a way to change the default sorting of achievements from Alphabetical to Rarity (preferably descending)? I couldn't find such an option in the settings.

Thanks!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Currently no, but I'll add it soon - that's a good idea!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Added now on the Edit Account page under Preferences, you should see a new option for setting the default list order.

Yirg

Thanks for this change, it's helpful. I hope an option to sort by descending order is still on the todo list ;-)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks for this change, it's helpful. I hope an option to sort by descending order is still on the todo list ;-)

Done :) Added descending sort options for both rarity and alphabetical.

GamingKen

This is a great addition!

Also, I'm not sure when it was added, but the "Average Progress" addition to the game sorting order is very appreciated too. (though I'm a little surprised it doesn't show the 100% games too - still a great feature nonetheless)

EDIT - It seems "Completion Date" also does this same progress sorting now too and does show the 100% games, so even better!

Strangely though, my progress on Rocket League is 99% as I have 1 achievement left to earn, but it does not show in the Average Progress list. It does appear at the top my Completion Date sorting though, at 99% and above the games with 100%. Maybe because it previously was at 100% until the game added more achievements?

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This is a great addition!

Also, I'm not sure when it was added, but the "Average Progress" addition to the game sorting order is very appreciated too. (though I'm a little surprised it doesn't show the 100% games too - still a great feature nonetheless)

EDIT - It seems "Completion Date" also does this same progress sorting now too and does show the 100% games, so even better!

Strangely though, my progress on Rocket League is 99% as I have 1 achievement left to earn, but it does not show in the Average Progress list. It does appear at the top my Completion Date sorting though, at 99% and above the games with 100%. Maybe because it previously was at 100% until the game added more achievements?

Glad you are finding it useful.

Yeah it's intentional that the 100% games are hidden when using "Average Progress", I figured it would be handy to see the games you are close to completing at the top, rather than having to scroll through all the completed ones each time. So decided to keep both options.

I fixed the issue with Rocket League. Yes the issue was that the completion date from when you completed it before was still stored in the database and was affecting the sort. Going forward we'll clear all prior completion dates when new achievements are added to a game so that won't happen again.