• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Specs needed for Hackintosh?

twelve

I'm not dead
Can you send me a pm with this specific image i can't seem to find it. or lead me on the way to find it.

Thanks...
Let me google that for you

If he PMs you the download then it will be a violation of our rules. While we're a lot more open here we still do not allow linking to copyrighted/pirated materials on the forums (the PM system is part of the forums).

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
HELP please!

I installed the Kalyway 10.5.2 ISO on my Toshiba Satellite laptop (Intel). All went great, but then when it was done, it restarted and now it says

HFS+ error

What did I do wrong? Can I fix it? It even overwrote my bootloader thing, because in order to get back to Vista, I had to run GParted and make the boot flag on my vista partition :(

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
HELP please!

I installed the Kalyway 10.5.2 ISO on my Toshiba Satellite laptop (Intel). All went great, but then when it was done, it restarted and now it says

HFS+ error

What did I do wrong? Can I fix it? It even overwrote my bootloader thing, because in order to get back to Vista, I had to run GParted and make the boot flag on my vista partition :(

Did you leave the disk in the laptop when you restarted after installation ?

Also did you get any options prior to the HFS+ error ?

mohaas05

Strange. I installed iAktos OSX 10.5 with the 9.5.0 voodoo kernel. It just freezes here upon boot and I'm not sure why. I'm suspecting it may be the ACPI driver since it caused a problem in the past but there doesn't seem to be an indication of it here.

IMG_0067.jpg

eldiablov

Contributor
I wasnt directing that at you by the way :)
I meant its quite buggy.

Im waiting until I can install osx86 from a USB drive and then i'll take the plunge.

Colm

Strange. I installed iAktos OSX 10.5 with the 9.5.0 voodoo kernel. It just freezes here upon boot and I'm not sure why. I'm suspecting it may be the ACPI driver since it caused a problem in the past but there doesn't seem to be an indication of it here.

[qimg]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg260/mohaas05/IMG_0067.jpg[/qimg]
There's a lot of ACPI references on that screen, that might be your indicator...

ilyace

yeah the partition.

make partition.
burn iso.
boot iso
install

No, the partition is made while booting from the iso (at least it was like that when I installed). And installing Windows is extremely easy compared to this. The errors you can get are countless.

Clint

Clintoris
OSx86 really is not that hard to install as long as you have computer knowledge. But, many people that do try to install it (including some people in this thread) simply do not know enough about computers to make it work.

Im going to install hackintosh today :) if its any good i will probably install it over vista as it sucks. Does Mac have a good game range?

The operating system is OS X, not Mac. Vista really does not suck, and I can guarantee it will be more stable and reliable than your OSx86 install. As to games.. well, some games are cross platform, and others are not. Windows does have more in quantity, though. Shouldn't this all be stuff you've researched before you attempted to install anything other than Windows?

mohaas05

I've been trying to install OSX on my laptop but at some random point during the installation the computer will freeze and the dvd drive makes a high pitched squeaky noise.