• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Square Enix Quietly Adds In-Game Ads To Deus Ex: Human Revolution

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
deusex.jpg

This may not go over well. The latest update for Deus Ex: Human Revolution on PC brought with it a plethora of fixes, while also quietly introducing in-game ads. Depending on your region, an ad can now be seen near the bottom right-hand corner of the screen during loading sequences, which are quite frequent throughout.

Where do we draw the line? If I was buying a product with in-game advertising, I'd like to know beforehand, not after a stealth update[...]

Continue reading: Square Enix Quietly Adds In-Game Ads To Deus Ex: Human Revolution...

Adiuvo

I'd much prefer it to be on in-game billboards. Having a banner ad in a loading screen just looks tacky.

Vandel212

Yeah, this is a little underhanded if you ask me. However, I wouldn't be upset about this kind of stuff if it reduced the price of the game. If I could save a buck by ignoring loading screen ads. Sign me up.