• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Squarez is back... on iPhone (ClusterStorm)

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I just found this on the app store, and think it deserves a special mention here since I know a few of you were big fans of Squarez from the PSP days.

ClusterStorm-iphone-1.png

Its new name is ClusterStorm and there's a free and a $1 version, with all the same modes as the PSP version (Arcade, Survival, Bomber, and Classic) plus a new Challenge mode. The game is played by tilt control which takes a little getting used to, but so did the analog on the PSP version.

It's definitely worth checking out, since in my opinion it was one of the best PSP homebrews, and now it's available on iOS devices for a much greater audience to enjoy.

Dev's Site:
http://globware.com/software/clusterstorm/iphone/

iTunes Link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clusterstorm/id388918172?mt=8

Seth

MD Party Room
Here hopeing it find it way on android

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Very cool to see him (Socals) still working on what he does best. Love how he improved on the original flash game (forgot what it was entitled) and I too would love to see an Android port ;)

Riorio99

Hell yeah, gonna convince all my iPhone toting friends to grab this so I can play it some more.

s4n1ty

Thanks for helping spread the word! Hey FrozenIpaq, how have you been! (Using my gamertag now instead of socals).

I haven't programmed for Android yet, so not sure about that but I have a few friends with Androids who want it so...

This new version 1.2 of ClusterStorm adds the game type Arcade Pills to the challenges which is the original, pill based scoring for Arcade vs the new multiplier based scoring.

Also, v1.3 will be coming out soon which adds Game Center for supported devices!

Here are 10 free promo codes for ClusterStorm for iPhone, these can only be redeemed in the US iTunes store. Enjoy, and help spread the word!

A34X3F37NREM
F6HE4L4W3T3H
TMMYJ3HH4AAY
AEMRWYKEJAA4
XE6AXW9XT7MJ
M4347KJYK4PH
EJXAW4KJ9PNP
H33WKHEKFJJ4
AR9XENE3LFRT
TL4EYNJ96P9R

BTW Frozen, I also have a working port of Squarez Puzzle working on my iPad right now! Had to completely re-write it since I lost the PSP source code. Wow it brings back memories! Still not sure what to do with this creation. I'm still working on adding some new gameplay ideas until I'm happy with it finally after all these years!

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Thanks for the promo codes. Squarez was the most addictive of all the homebrew games on the PSP; simple and fun. I'll certainly help spread the word for you.

Moose

Meta Moose
Awesome, I'll certainly be buying this. =D Gosh, it must have been about two years since I played Squarez on the PSP. Definitely one of my favoured homebrew creations.

Spiros

Maiki
I missed this one somehow, but from what I hear it sounds good, will be buying this as well.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Thanks for helping spread the word! Hey FrozenIpaq, how have you been! (Using my gamertag now instead of socals).

I haven't programmed for Android yet, so not sure about that but I have a few friends with Androids who want it so...

This new version 1.2 of ClusterStorm adds the game type Arcade Pills to the challenges which is the original, pill based scoring for Arcade vs the new multiplier based scoring.

Also, v1.3 will be coming out soon which adds Game Center for supported devices!

Here are 10 free promo codes for ClusterStorm for iPhone, these can only be redeemed in the US iTunes store. Enjoy, and help spread the word!

BTW Frozen, I also have a working port of Squarez Puzzle working on my iPad right now! Had to completely re-write it since I lost the PSP source code. Wow it brings back memories! Still not sure what to do with this creation. I'm still working on adding some new gameplay ideas until I'm happy with it finally after all these years!

Nice surprise to see you pop up again :) My old iPod Touch broke so I won't be able to test it out but I'll definitely see if I can get my brother to get it on his, he too was a huge fan of the PSP version. Good luck with introducing new gameplay elements to the puzzle game (as it stood it was a nice little game but I agree that it could use some spicing up).