• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Stalker Games-DRM?

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I recently bought retail copies of all 3 Stalker Games and was just curious as to what DRM is used on these games, what harmful effects the DRM can possibly have and if there any workarounds?:argh:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I recently bought retail copies of all 3 Stalker Games and was just curious as to what DRM is used on these games, what harmful effects the DRM can possibly have and if there any workarounds?:argh:

I believe it uses SecuROM, which is a fairly common form of DRM (majority of EA titles used it, up until Origin was released). It could cause a conflict if you any virtual drive emulators installed like Dameon Tools.

Also, the company behind it offers a removal tool for SecuROM: https://support.securom.com/removaltool.html

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Hm. I think i've heard about something called "Tages" on Clear Sky I think. Not sure though>

And I know of SecuROM.
However i've yet to own a retail game aside from on Steam that uses it(haven't had issues with it)

I'll keep that removal tool in mind though.
What i'll probably end up doing is playing the games and then immediately afterwards using the removal tool.
Because I do use Virtual Drives often for various things.