• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Starcraft II

Joey

Yea it called a torrent :)

I would normally, but I'm currently tethering. Torrents go ass slow because I can't forward ports. Downloading 7 GB's that way would take ages.

Also, I think T-Mobile is already throttling me for the month.

Seriously though Seth, don't you think I would have done that if it was a serious option?

El Diablo

Torrents don't let you play online either.

El Diablo

It pisses me off that acitivision are being greedy fucks with this game like all their others. Fucking charging 60 dollars for one campaign, then selling the other 2 later for the same price is such bullshit, the campaigns aren't even that long. It's going to end up being a 180 dollars investment just to get the three campaigns that the original game came with.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
it's said to be 16 hours long. Which isn't too bad, If I had the money and a good enough computer i'd gladly pay the 80$ for the limited edition.

Joey

It pisses me off that acitivision are being greedy fucks with this game like all their others. Fucking charging 60 dollars for one campaign, then selling the other 2 later for the same price is such bullshit, the campaigns aren't even that long. It's going to end up being a 180 dollars investment just to get the three campaigns that the original game came with.

First off, I'd bet you Activision didn't have a say in it. If Activision had a say in anything Blizzard did, Starcraft 2 would have come out last Christmas, and Diablo 3 would be coming out this Christmas. I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet they still operate independently from them.

Second... They're just campaigns, if they're that insignificant for you, don't buy them. You'll still have the same multiplayer.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Blizzard has always charged $60 for its games at release. I remember paying that much for Diablo 2, anyway. Chances are the additional campaigns will be priced as expansions - $30-40 tops I'd say.

LocutusEstBorg

I really liked the first one. Almost everything in it was amazing and new and cool. Used to play AoE, SC, Red Alert and stuff for hours. However over the years I completely lost the ability to think in a game. I simply cannot stand playing an RTS or RPG or board games like chess anymore. I get destroyed so bad its not even funny. I get so frustrated just having to think whats the best move etc. so I'm reduced to mindless pure reflex games like MW2 and BC2. I think its because of my OCD, where I can't proceed without having fully traversed all possible paths mentally and in an RTS I'm forced to make a move prematurely. I can still play Diablo because it's against NPCs and you can sit around waiting and thinking and analyzing items as long as you want.

In short I won't be picking this up because I'm mentally challenged when it comes to this kind of thing, even though I really like the game.

This comes to mind. It's not much of an exaggeration to be honest :/
Though mine is limited to RTS games and few other areas in life.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Nicely Done:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XduXCp91_IA (This one broke the YT tag too. Edited the post with "editpost.php?do=editpost&p=120697")

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Anyone got extra guest pass for sc2?
I wanted to see if my pc could run this.

Whisper

Logic :(
The game was starting to get stale for me, so I've been trying to switch up my race from terran to zerg. However I can't seem to find a way to beat terran consistently. If they mass marines and marauders it's gg. Any idea a good build? Recently I've been trying to two base mutas but I always get overrun.

Whisper

Logic :(
Heh, it's funny how watching a game can be just as enjoyable as actually playing a game. I wonder if we can get a small tournament going here. I'd be down to put down on a prize pool, nothing big, maybe a custom mouse pad or something.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I play it quite a fair bit, both online and custom games :)

El Diablo

Yes from what I understand they will be separated, and yes I'm pretty sure you can customize keybindings.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Yes from what I understand they will be separated, and yes I'm pretty sure you can customize keybindings.

Can camera movement be changed? I'd much rather use Right click for camera movement instead of middle click and wasd instead of the arrow keys. Hotkeys for build orders I guessed were customizable.