• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Steam Game Count

chyatt6385

I was comparing my stats across tracking sites, and noticed my completion rate is really low on Exophase - 29% compared to about 50% on other sites.

After looking through my tracked games, I discovered there are some games that are still being tracked but that I don't have in my Steam account anymore. These were f2p games I got that have no achievements, so I removed them around a month ago from my Steam account.

Would a resync perhaps reset the percentage to be more in line with what it should be?

Thanks for the service you all provide with this site.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hmm, I ran a re-sync but it actually brought your completion down a bit.

Probably the difference is that ours is calculated from total achievements earned divided by the number possible. If I took the average progress of each game, then calculated an average from that then likely it comes out to around 50% or so ( I believe that's how Steam itself calculates the completion rate).

Edit: Also it's mostly a few games with over 900-1000 achievements that are bringing down your completion rate significantly. Maybe I can exclude those from being counted, that would bring the completion more in line with what Steam is showing without changing the way we calculate it.

Last edited:

chyatt6385

Hmm, I ran a re-sync but it actually brought your completion down a bit.

Probably the difference is that ours is calculated from total achievements earned divided by the number possible. If I took the average progress of each game, then calculated an average from that then likely it comes out to around 50% or so ( I believe that's how Steam itself calculates the completion rate).

Edit: Also it's mostly a few games with over 900-1000 achievements that are bringing down your completion rate significantly. Maybe I can exclude those from being counted, that would bring the completion more in line with what Steam is showing without changing the way we calculate it.
Thanks for the effort; after I posted that I did some more looking at the other sites and realized I was looking at the numbers wrong anyway - average completion (average game completion of all started games), which is what I saw at ~50% vs. absolute completion, which seems to be about half that (~22% or so), and measured as % of unlocked achievements in all started games.

I guess I should finish what I start, but some of those achievements are skill-based, and I'm not as young as I used to be. ;-)

No worries, though. I was just a bit confused by what the % stood for and wondered if my deleted games had any bearing on it.

Last edited: