• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Steam Holiday Sale!

El Diablo

Damn it I wish I bought CS yesterday so I could have a back up steam account with it, 5 dollars is such a steal.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Damn it I wish I bought CS yesterday so I could have a back up steam account with it, 5 dollars is such a steal.

I wonder what it is you're doing in CSS that makes you want a backup... :p

Bet you're looking at other peoples screens.
Wonder how VAC would know :scared:

El Diablo

I actually don't hack, in the 5 years I've played it on and off I only hacked once when I first got it and sucked, then never touched it again. Recently though I got banned from a server that I was a regular in for months because I put "myg0t" in my name joking around for one round and I got perma banned from all 18 of their servers, all of which I played on regularly. I didn't even know myg0t was a real thing ffs.

Anyway, I wanted to get another account so I could play there again.

Or if I really wanted to I could have just used the second to "look at other peoples screens", but hacking is gay so I probably wouldn't.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I actually don't hack, in the 5 years I've played it on and off I only hacked once when I first got it and sucked, then never touched it again. Recently though I got banned from a server that I was a regular in for months because I put "myg0t" in my name joking around for one round and I got perma banned from all 18 of their servers, all of which I played on regularly. I didn't even know myg0t was a real thing ffs.

Anyway, I wanted to get another account so I could play there again.

Or if I really wanted to I could have just used the second to "look at other peoples screens", but hacking is gay so I probably wouldn't.

I was joking xD

Sucks about getting banned though. :(
Surely you could of emailed the admin?

El Diablo

Oh, I did. I made a thread on their forums which they closed. Then went to this website "www.ubanned.me" to apeal the ban and they told me to wait for a response, which was about a month ago. They won't get back to me so I've given up.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Not sure why, UT3 is a solid game.

Agreed.

I think there's more people that play UT2k4 than there is that play UT3...it's probally the same reason that so many play CS1.6 still.
I really don't know why. Anytime I've played and there's been people on, it's been fun. I just wish more people played.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Damage:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Outrun2006 Coast 2 Coast
Mirror's Edge
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Prey
Bioshock
Jade Empire
Max Payne 1
Max Payne 2
Shattered Horizon
Darwinia / Multiwinia
Doom Pack
Eidos Collector's Pack
FUEL
Grand Theft Auto IV
Trine
Defense Grid

I think in the future I'm going to pass on the weekend deals unless they are ridiculously low priced and just wait for the yearly holiday sale xD

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I haven't able stay around my pc long enough to post since new year.

LAST DAY SELL

Bioshock 75% off! - $4.99

Defense Grid: The Awakening 75% off! - $2.49

Torchlight 75% off! - $4.99

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 90% off! - $2.00

Left 4 Dead 2 33% off! - 33.49

Killing Floor 75% - $4.99

Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off! - $7.49

@x3sphere Thats what i'm pretty much gonna do is wait for the holiday sell.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
My list for this year...not as good as last years...xD

Shattered Horizon
Torchlight
Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast
Red Faction
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Red Faction 2
Dawn of War Platinum Edition
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
Grand Theft Auto IV

El Diablo

You should have picked up the Star Wars Dark Forces games too. God, I fucking love those games.

Joey

Not sure why, UT3 is a solid game.

Why play a solid (but shallow) game, when you can play a game like TF2, or MW2?

Is UT3 competent? Sure. But mechanically, it's stuck in 1999. Multiplayer games have made so many strides, none of which UT3 adopted... If you really need a twitch fix, I'd suggest Quake Live... It's free, and will run on anything.

eldiablov

Contributor
Why play a solid (but shallow) game, when you can play a game like TF2, or MW2?

Is UT3 competent? Sure. But mechanically, it's stuck in 1999. Multiplayer games have made so many strides, none of which UT3 adopted... If you really need a twitch fix, I'd suggest Quake Live... It's free, and will run on anything.

I see your point but CSS is a pretty shallow shooter and it isn't doing too bad for itself.

El Diablo

TBH I prefer "simple" or "shallow" shooters than any of these new shooters that have made "many strides" in the past few years. I like games better where everyone has the same stuff for the most part, or the same access to it. I don't like TF2 and MW2 with all of their achievements and unlocks to make you more powerful than everyone else.

Joey

I see your point but CSS is a pretty shallow shooter and it isn't doing too bad for itself.

I think that's the exception that proves the rule. People who play CSS, play it like it's a career, in the same way people play WoW. It's like a sport for them.

Although, I don't know how true that is for CSS, rather than CS 1.6.