• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Steam Holiday sale

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I've got Super Meat Boy, Perfect Dark, F.E.A.R., DOOM, Geometry Wars and a few other games that I can't think of right now on multiple platforms. Nowt wrong with buying games multiple times if they're dam good games I think.

Adiuvo

No need to double dip! Although that is actually the only game I've ever double dipped with (only because I had a few friends on the PS3 wanting me to get it as well).

Just deposited some money into my bank account and might just pick up a few games on sale.

I doubled dipped on Burnout too. It's really a different experience on PC, though if you don't have a controller don't bother. It's impossible to play properly with a keyboard.

I'm picking up The Witcher today. $5 is excellent.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Wish Steam let you install games to a drive of your choice, rather than just dumping everything on one. Running low on space on this 1TB.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Super Meat Boy has this weird stutter for me...it's not fps since my machine rips through the game and there's no dip in fps using FRAPS. The backgorund animations are perfectly fine but Meat Boy kinda spazzes out and when he's moving a big distance (like when he drops a large distance) he jumps...it's a weird glitch but I haven't seen anyone else complaining about it. Even with that glitch, it's an awesome game on the PC or the 360.

Also, here's a 1680x1050 screenshot which I'm using for a wallpaper at the moment xD
5969ae85371de5cbef3f5c3ff2b1ba2fe346ec87.jpg

Today's deals were a bit of an anti-climax with it being a repeat of this weeks best-sellers. :\

PR0fessor Burnt

Today's deals were a bit of an anti-climax with it being a repeat of this weeks best-sellers. :\

ya was a little disappointing but at least i got a chance to get super meat boy at a really low price.

also I had a really weird glitch on one of the first levels where I literally flew through the wall. then after that my spacebar became unresponsive for some reason and I couldn't jump D:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I picked up Darksiders today, it's a Zelda / GoW hybrid. Keep hearing good things about it.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Might get darksiders but I'm not sure if I'd prefer to play it on the 360 with achievements and using a controller

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Darksiders is pretty decent, although very short if you play straight through. Not much replay considering its more heavy on fighting and less on puzzles.

Regardless, a good play if you are into the lore of heaven and hell and GoW/DmC types of dynamics or just LoZ in general

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Might get darksiders but I'm not sure if I'd prefer to play it on the 360 with achievements and using a controller

Why not use your 360 controller on PC?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Why not use your 360 controller on PC?

I like to be awkward. In my head, it's always been marked as a 360 game. There's still achievements but they're Steam achievements which are nigh on pointless...wait, all achievements are....fuck it, I'm buying it.