• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Steam Steam Summer Sale Begins, Your Possession of Money Ends

David Sanchez

Steam-Summer-Sale-2012.jpg

It's here! It's finally here! The Steam Summer Sale for 2012 has finally begun! That means that while many individuals' gaming collections will grow bigger, their bank account funds will grow smaller. Ah, ya gotta love it!

The Steam Summer Sale will run from now until July 22, and in that time, you'll be able to snag all kinds of titles.

Continue reading...

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Bit disappointing so far but here's hoping Witcher 2 is chosen as the next flash deal. Did pick up Hydrophobia and Gridrunner for about £2.50 together though. Also, a lot of DLC is cheap as chips right now. Any that your missing you may want to check out and see how much it is.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, nothing for me on the featured deals today. I did consider Rayman, but I think I'll wait until it gets a bit cheaper, not in any rush to get it.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
So far I've bought the Alan Wake bundle, Alice: Madness Returns, GridRunner Revolution, Mafia, Hydrophobia: Prophecy, A.R.E.S. DLC, Fallout New Vegas DLC, Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb, Tribes: Ascend Starter Pack. Should have waited though as both the Binding of Isaac and Tribes: Ascend stuff were discounted further a few hours after I bought them.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Total damage so far: Ys Origin, Plants vs Zombies, Alan Wake American Nightmare, Alice, Binding of Issac DLC, Tomb Raider Anniversary.

Trying to stay under $50.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I haven't picked up anything yet. I was hoping QUBE would win it's community vote as that and Quantum Conundrum are the only games I have my eye on.

Everything else that interested me I've gotten in past sales/ Humble Bundles

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Haul:

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Double Fine Bundle
Dear Esther
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Trine 2
Painkiller Complete Pack - Feb 2012 (RoW)
Ys Origin
Plants vs. Zombies
Alice Madness Returns
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Spent $59 total. I'm done now until winter sale. Not bad at all for the price of one new game :)

MenaceInc

Staff Member
The Longest Journey, Batman Arkham City, Batman Arkham City: Arkham City Skins Pack DLC, Batman Arkham City: Robin Bundle DLC, Batman Arkham City: Nightwing Bundle DLC, Batman Arkham City: Challenge Map Pack DLC, Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn, Max Payne 3 (ROW), Alice Madness Returns, Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012), GridRunner Revolution, Mafia, Hydrophobia: Prophecy, A.R.E.S.: Berserker DLC, Fallout New Vegas: Courier's Stash, Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb, Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack

Copypasted from Steam transactions history. Spent £56.47/US$87.57

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Didn't pick anything up myself, trying to conserve my very limited bank account. Didn't really have any deals that caught my immediate interest, played most of the games that I either wanted that were on sale or just didn't have enough interest in those that were. I come out with $0 spent!

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Didn't pick anything up myself, trying to conserve my very limited bank account. Didn't really have any deals that caught my immediate interest, played most of the games that I either wanted that were on sale or just didn't have enough interest in those that were. I come out with $0 spent!

So you made infinite savings. Nice one! Keep it up and you'll have your college loans paid off soon enough :p