• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Street Fighter IV

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'll start off by saying that it's a shame that their wont be many arcade machines here in the US for this game. I would love to play this in a full, linked arcade cabinet that they had at the unveiling in LA a while back, because that's how the game is meant to be played. I'll most likely throw some cash down on a mock arcade cabinet joystick setup for whatever console has the better online service for this game.

They released some new vids and trailers at CES for this. Now's the time to start following this if your a fighting game fan, because the release will creep up on you. (If you haven't already been.)

Japanese Sakura vs. Ryu Gameplay
[GT]44282[/GT]

CES 09: Akuma vs. Gouken Trailer
[GT]44132[/GT]
*The fabled trainer of Ryu and Ken finally makes an appearance. I remember an April Fool's joke in a game magazine back in Street Fighter 2's hayday that showed "Sheng Long" as a playable character.

Introducing Gouken
[GT]42731[/GT]
*Here's his intro vid from a from months ago sporting his one armed fireballs.

Suffice it to say, the more I watch and read about this game, the more I want to play it. I originally thought that the HD Turbo Remix would hold my attention, but it really didn't. This on the other seems to be the real deal for old school 2D fighting games.

Joey

I wish I didn't suck at fighting games... Probably wont play this.

Actually, I might, just because I didn't get much use with this Fighting stick with Soul Caliber, so I might at least rent it just to try it out.

Seth

MD Party Room
I just hope the online doesnt bomb like Soul Caliber 4...If it good on ps3 it's a def buy..

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Here's my old neighbor that is by far the best and most obsessed Street Fighter player I have ever seen. He went out and bought the guts to an arcade cabinet and plays this in his living room.

Check out this teaser for his Guile Combo Video he's making. If you click on his name, there are a bunch of other more detailed orientated videos breaking down the gameplay. Too dry for me to handle without being hands on, but this is what the great fighting game players do to prepare.

[yt]lato8FmMoIQ[/yt]

It's like a four minute clip, but he just shows off some beastly combos towards the end of it. (Worth going to the full page and watching in high quality as well.)

Joey

After watching some videos, my game boner for this game is fully stoked...

What system is everybody getting this for? Actually, I don't even know why I'm asking, I have a Joystick for the 360, so that's what I'm getting it for.

Although, I could go PC, since the stick works with that.

Seth

MD Party Room
After watching some videos, my game boner for this game is fully stoked...

What system is everybody getting this for? Actually, I don't even know why I'm asking, I have a Joystick for the 360, so that's what I'm getting it for.

Although, I could go PC, since the stick works with that.
I dont think people play any fighting games on a pc lol..

What Joystick are we talking here..Cus unless it this I dont think it worth it...Other than that I heard alot are just getting it on ps3 cus of the d pad..

41yjqtAHDeL._SS500_.jpg

Serideth

What Joystick are we talking here..Cus unless it this I dont think it worth it...Other than that I heard alot are just getting it on ps3 cus of the d pad..

[qimg]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41yjqtAHDeL._SS500_.jpg[/qimg]

I do, I play loads of them on a PC.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team

[qimg]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41yjqtAHDeL._SS500_.jpg[/qimg]

That's the one I want, but they stopped taking pre-orders for it three days ago. I missed the boat. (That's the Mad Catz FightStick Tourney Edition.) It's not released yet so I doubt Joey has it.

The regular MadCatz one is supposed to be decent though so I may just have to settle for that.

I'm getting this for the 360. I trust the online service there more and think the matches will have less lag. (At least that is what my friend has told me about the SF Turbo when he has played on both.)

I heard Mad Catz put a lot of good people on these sticks and I prefer the Japanese style ball and buttons.

Seth

MD Party Room

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I just went to my local Gamestop and they said I couldn't reserve that Tourney Edition stick I wanted to. BS.

Joey

The Square gate on the Hori Fighting Stick EX2 really is crap. It causes me to over shoot doing quarter circles.

I'm actually way better with the analog stick on the 360 controller, and the D-pad actually isn't bad.

I'm still too retarded to pull off a Dragon punch with consistancy though.

I'm talking about HD Remix btw.

Serideth

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
How much do they run for?

Play Asia has them in stock if you like

Buy Street Fighter IV Fighting Stick (PS3) - Order Now!

But keep in mind this is for the ps3 and not 360..

That's a Hori stick, the one I want is made by Mad Catz and it runs $150.

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition: Video Games

Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition FightStick, Item - Barnes & Noble

I just wan this thing so damn bad, it looks effing awesome. (End of this vid)

[yt]K79kcTGxR6Y[/yt]