• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Suggestion - Kudos System

I'm not sure about vBulletin, but on lithium. You can give someone a Kudos for being helpful on the post. It shows which posts are the most popular/helpful for the week and that person gets a little star badge for being helpful.

Example: http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board?board.id=b_EN_PS3_Home

At the bottom it shows you the statistics, and if you view a thread, you can see how to give someone a Kudos.

I'm not sure if MfM has a similar ad-on in place, probably not useful for this kind of forum but I thought to let you know about it and if vB has a ad-on for this.

Thanks

Edit: I forgot to say my thoughts of it, I've always thought this kind of system is really useful (you can't give negative Kudos), I rather gave you guys suggestions/feedback than some sites that don't care.

Edit2: I also meant, it would be useful to see how helpful that post is (see how many people have gave rep to it since you have already a system in place.

Slasher

Suck It
I somewhat agree with Jordan on this one. Posts that have received rep should be more noticeable in the actual forums opposed to having to view their profile and seeing which posts have been repped for them.

I somewhat agree with Jordan on this one. Posts that have received rep should be more noticeable in the actual forums opposed to having to view their profile and seeing which posts have been repped for them.

You hit the nail on the head, that's exactly what I am meaning.

twelve

I'm not dead
I seem to remember when we were playing around with this system that if a post gets 10 rep points it does get highlighted as a good post.

I seem to remember when we were playing around with this system that if a post gets 10 rep points it does get highlighted as a good post.

Is there any posts have over 10 rep points? Do alot of users use this system, or just can't notice like I did. If it was in a better position, I'm sure the system would get used more.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
We discussed several options in the secret mod/staff lair. I suggested a "Thanks" system, much like your Kudo's system you are referring to - the system we have now seems to be working well

Serideth

I'd like to see the reputation system used a bit more, the fact I haven't hit a 7 digit number of reputation just shows people are neglecting to use it.

EvilSeph

Administrator

Negative, that is a different system that we may or may not use.