• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Super Meat Boy

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Searched for a thread but couldn't find one for Super Meat Boy so here's one here.

Have the game on both Xbox Live Arcade and Steam, such an amazing game.

Here's the description straight from Wikipedia
Wikipedia said:
Super Meat Boy is a platform game developed by Team Meat and is the successor to Edmund McMillen's and Jonathan McEntee's flash game, Meat Boy, originally released on the Newgrounds website in October 2008. It was released on Xbox Live Arcade on October 20, 2010, and on Windows on November 30, 2010. Versions for Mac and Linux are planned for future release. The game follows Meat Boy as he attempts to rescue his girlfriend Bandage Girl from the villainous Doctor Fetus.
The game received high praise from critics. The Xbox 360 version currently averages an aggregate score of 90/100 at Metacritic and 90.42% at GameRankings. The Windows version holds a similar score of 91.67% at GameRankings. It received the award for Most Challenging Game from IGN in 2010 and also received awards for Best Downloadable Game from GameSpot and GameTrailers that same year. Critics lauded the game's precise control and unique retro art style. Reviewers generally praised the game's high difficulty, though some warned that not all consumers would appreciate the difficult levels.

Here's a trailer for it as well
[video=youtube;snaionoxjos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snaionoxjos[/video]

Quite a number of exophase members as well own it on PC it seems so I thought I'd post up the in-game leaderboards for the Light Forest level so far. Tis pretty interesting at the moment :p
2WwwZ.jpg

tgkXI.jpg

0YUqy.jpg

95QDH.jpg

FE9fO.jpg

GJzLV.jpg

O0eXB.jpg

bHbVu.jpg

Nga3B.jpg

ztU9X.jpg

nXtXM.jpg

V5eNn.jpg

18z6s.jpg

rAGla.jpg

dfBkb.jpg

to4qI.jpg

ZI1eD.jpg

2TjWu.jpg

26xS6.jpg

HIGMz.jpg

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Dayum, from looking at those high scores you have me beat in nearly every level. I need to step up my game :eek:

MenaceInc

Staff Member
1-12 Revolve I'm really freaking proud of as I managed to squeeze in past the chainsaw just above the spawn instead of going around the long way :cool:

Fairly sure the Dark worlds similar, can't check though since I'm on my phone

Would be nice if the leaderboards had a per-world basis instead of just overall and per-level

Seth

MD Party Room
I like the game but I dont love it dark world is so dam hard.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I love this game so goddamn much.

Clearing Hell was so damn satisfying, now I'm up to rapture.

I'm on Rapture too. Hell was so difficult I actually thought it was the last world. Now it seems easy in comparison :p

Definatley get a pad, it's how it's meant to be played.

I'm using a wired 360 controller. Necessity for any PC gamer, but you can buy the receiver for the wireless controllers.

I've unlocked Ogmo, who has a double-jump ability. Apparently that's cake compared to The Kid's level.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Definatley get a pad, it's how it's meant to be played.

I'm using a wired 360 controller. Necessity for any PC gamer, but you can buy the receiver for the wireless controllers.

I've unlocked Ogmo, who has a double-jump ability. Apparently that's cake compared to The Kid's level.

Hahahahahaha, you have NOOOO idea. I spent about three hours on The Kids warp zone on the 360 version.

Cotton Alley pisses all over rapture or hell as well.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Been playing this on the 360 recently, most fun I've had on the console in a long time. Just bought it on Steam too, so I'll have to see how many of your scores I can beat.

It's a pity there was no cross platform savegame syncing, that would be awesome. Probably a industry first too, I don't know of any game that allows that. I'm not looking forward to the kids warp zone or cotton alley... :|

Roe

This is awesome, I didn't even realise it was putting our highscores up for all to see!

Edit: You're going down Menace, one highscore at a time!

MenaceInc

Staff Member
This is awesome, I didn't even realise it was putting our highscores up for all to see!

Edit: You're going down Menace, one highscore at a time!

dare you to try on 1-12 :p

also, this is just ridiculous. there is exactly 0.01 second each between 5 of us.

20Py6.jpg

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
prlLR.jpg

Seth

MD Party Room
Some of the level seem crazy, have no idea how to get past some of the dark world ones. Also did anyone check out the high score on 360 some guy beat all 360 levels in under 10 or like 9.55 or something crazy like that.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I'm guessing if I were to buy this I should get it on steam and not XBLA?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
if I wasn't so busy IRL right now I'd be kicking all your asses again....yeaaaaahhhhh.... :cool: