• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Support for China-region blizzard account

ArchenG33K

I am a chinese player.

For some reason we dont know, Blizzard account was divided into 2 areas--worldwide and China-region,data in two areas cannot be interworked.

I only have a China-region blizzard account,and I want link this account to exophase.

Would you make it?

Thank you

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I remember reading about this. I'll take a look today - it should not be that difficult to add support.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I added a Link Account option specifically for the CN region. Fetching the game data isn't setup yet, but I would like to see if you are able to link your account with it.

Blizzard doesn't exactly provide an easy way for me to test - noticed I can't register for a CN account myself as I need an ID number/phone number in China. So I am not sure if it's working.

Anyway, let's see if you are able to link your account now, and then I will setup the rest.

Last edited:

ArchenG33K

I can link it now!Thanks!

But on the page of My Profile, I still can't find Blizzard tag page.

I will try to log in my blizzard account and change the privacy later today.

Anyway, thanks to you, really hard-working man!!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Try linking the account again, it should work.

I ran some tests and it's picking up game data for SC2 too, if there should be other games showing up let me know.

Last edited:

ArchenG33K

Emmm... Sorry to bother you again. I can link the Blizzard account and see my SC2 game data now.

I also have serveral WOW characters. I can't see WOW's game data.

I followed your steps on the page.

I tried Re-Authenticate or Unlink Account, but it still doesn't work.

Is there something wrong?

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I did notice WoW wasn't showing but I wasn't sure if you had played it or not. Will take a look tonight and see

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20770976900#post-2
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20769539910#post-1

Unfortunately, doesn't seem WoW tracking will work for the CN region right now. For whatever reason none of the methods that allow accessing character data are allowed. Maybe they will change this in the future...

Also, according to this thread (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20747737113) access to the WoW APIs in China has been disabled since around 2016. Bummer :(

Last edited:

ArchenG33K

What a bad news! I am so sorry to hear that😔

Then I can only hope that it will become normal in the future.

Thanks again at last time.