• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Swapping the hard drive

Hellcat

Contributor
Hey :)

Our local electronics market has XBox 360 Arcade for 99eu ATM, thinking about grabbing that one.

So far I've been told the only dif. to an Elite XBox is the larger HDD (of the 1337 one) and more RAM (on the 1337 one) but that's only used for caching (lower loading times and shit).

Sooooooooooo.... do I HAVE to buy a M$ HDD to have a larger one, or can I "mod" something somehow to get any HDD running?
Only if that's possible it'll make sense, so I hope it is :D

Seth

MD Party Room
While you can mod one you would still need the HDD enclosed for the 360 so you would have to buy one anyway. if you still want the guide However I get the CODMW2 360 seeing has your getting the game anyway( or so I hope) This way you get a 250gb and 2 extra controllers and the game

It doesnt matter what type of xbox you get...they all run the same to me expect....
-Color
-HDD
-Accessories (Wireless Controller, Free game?, AV cables, power brick, HDD or NO HDD)

Arcades have a bult-in memory card but NO hard drive or hard drive case!!!11

Access_Denied

Actually, you don't need a hard drive case. Just internalize the hard drive.

How to Internalize your Xbox 360 Hard Drive

It makes it so you can't swap it to other consoles, but you still have the space. Also, I doubt this is for you, but consoles that are JTAGed can use any hard drive, just plug in and go. That's what I'll be doing this summer. :D