• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Symbian vs. iPhone OS vs. Android vs. Windows Mobile

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Which one do you prefer? Discuss and debate.

After using Android, Symbian and Windows Mobile, I'll go with Android. It's so much fast and versatile than the others, and it's only taking it's first steps but getting awfully popular.

The market does have it's share of awesome apps and most are free of charge.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I used to use Symbian exclusively between 2004 and 2008 but then I got my old iPhone 3g. Fair to say, I loved all the games and apps available for it. Shame about the lack of customization in regards to setting ringtones and backgrounds but some of that has been made better by iOS4 at least.

On a sidenote, Vboy was one of my favourite Symbian apps. xD

Moose

Meta Moose
I use Android however I much prefer iOS. As much as I appreciate the ability to customise and manipulate my phones operating system, iOS does everything that I need in a way that I wouldn't want to change. There is also, of course, the Apple App Store.

explosions

I hate Windows mobile.

Hellcat

Contributor
I like every OS thet lets me do with the device whatever I want.
That alone puts iOS pretty much down onto the liking list - even though the GUI is indeed great, just lacks so much.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I like every OS thet lets me do with the device whatever I want.
That alone puts iOS pretty much down onto the liking list - even though the GUI is indeed great, just lacks so much.

Care to elaborate? I believe I said already about it being annoying that you couldn't set custom ringtones from the music library but anything else?