• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Team Fortress 2 Bots

Adiuvo

Has anyone played with these? I'm wondering how well they function.

This will definitely make it easier to practice aiming at least.

For KOTH, their performance is surprisingly good for an AI opponent. Pyros ambush and spycheck, and the AI can make a beastly Heavy attack. The Sniper is almost always dead-on accurate, but gets distracted. The only weak links are the Engie and the Medic, who only do their task with little deviation. I was watching an engineer that would repeatedly build in the same spot, in the same way every time. Demomen bots aren't very useful, they simply spam nades. They do sometimes ignore the objective sometimes however.

Overall, very good performance. It would be difficult to create bots for such a team-based strategy FPS such as TF2, but VALVe has managed to pull it off very well.

They do have a substantial performance penalty however. I was playing on a listen server with 23 bots, and my FPS took a hit, but it was to be expected. They are more of a performance hit than the CSS bots, for a comparison. They don't need sv_cheats 1 on either, so you could theoretically use them for achievements and drops as well.