• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

testers needed req (psp 1000 1.5 fw)

z2442

-----------------------------------------------------
PSP CFW 1.50 (no official name yet)
-----------------------------------------------------

-whats this

//I have reverse engineered the dark_alex poc custom fw. This is just the start for me next to try and do 2.0 and so on to work my way up.so i need some testers to work with me as I go.

-contact me

//if you are interested in testing for me it contact me at

-email z2442@aol.com

-aim z2442

-or just reply to this post

z2442

honestly so that I can learn and some day make maybe a 6.00 cfw but thats a long time off.

Deathrow

ASM to C/C++ is a skill. Point being that this is one small step to accomplish for custom firmware development. It may not be much right now, but hopefully he is understanding the different SCE functions used and overall how the system essentially works.

I too am interested in reversing quite a few things, but I am unsure how SCE functions would look like in C/C++. I have had very little practice. If anyone knows how I could get a few examples to reference to I would be very gracious.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The chances of finding someone with a 1.50 1000 PSP are slim to none (I personally own one such device but it is currently amiss in a mess of boxes somewhere). Many people updated to CFW as soon as it became available so finding someone who didn't update at all is nearly impossible (sadly).

MenaceInc

Staff Member
The chances of finding someone with a 1.50 1000 PSP are slim to none (I personally own one such device but it is currently amiss in a mess of boxes somewhere). Many people updated to CFW as soon as it became available so finding someone who didn't update at all is nearly impossible (sadly).

surely with Pandora though we can downgrade 1k PSPs to 1.50?

Dan

Contributor
I have a PSP 1000 right next to me, with a Pandora and magic memory stick in the drawer underneath.

But if you want to learn, you're going to have to become self dependent, and not relying on everybody else's help.

Cloudy

//I have reverse engineered the dark_alex poc custom fw. This is just the start for me next to try and do 2.0 and so on to work my way up.so i need some testers to work with me as I go.

I'm pretty sure the POC was open source anyway?

Deathrow

Only like two examples. If he reversed the whole thing, than major props.

z2442

@dan - i do test alone but my battery is no longer good i ordered a new one so until then i cant but i can work on the recovery and flasher because i can compile both of those as eboots and test myself .

@cloudy yes and no well not all of it