• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC [TF2] New Game Mode?

Colm

I think it's valve official to prevent this:
Load tr_walkway
Keep spamming soldierbots
Kill them all for great Demoman justice

Colm

I've seen modded servers that force Red to be Demomen and Blu to be Soldiers.

In the meantime, I'm going to try out my scout skills I think.

Colm

Direct Hit + EvilSeph = oh shit
Also, I'm fairly sure "Friday" means 23:59 PST this Friday, so more like Saturday for us. The joy of Valve Time

Adiuvo

Both weapons are awesome. Especially the Demo's, I can't wait to try it out.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Sweeeeeet. I also expect something to come out for the engie, not to be greedy or anything, but there have been a few hints towards it.

That's exactly what I thought. The crafting aspect and the engie on the paper made me think so. Either that or Valve are being dicks and taunting us...wonder which is more likely.

Adiuvo

There's also that crafting system they promised a long time ago. I want that more than any update.

MOAR:

New sticky gun for demo and The Buff Banner for solly

All new achievements have also been released.

Rumours of the Meet The Pyro video.

Hopefully some new maps.

EvilSeph

Administrator
MOAR:

New sticky gun for demo and The Buff Banner for solly

All new achievements have also been released.

Rumours of the Meet The Pyro video.

Hopefully some new maps.

You missed The Equalizer, the Soldier's new melee weapon which rewards losers, apparently.

Chathurga

I don't get how it "rewards losers". I mean everyone gets hurt, it'd be pretty hard to be hurt and still get up close enough to somebody to land a melee hit.

I reckon the equaliser's more of a last resort type weapon. When you're out of ammo, low on health, you whip out your melee and hope for a crit, it happens more often than you would expect. The Equaliser just seems to make that more of an option.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

It's out.

The soldier's exclusive weapon, is a second-slot no-rocketjump-damage equip. Kinda like the Targe I guess. Also, a massive sandman nerf. It only stuns at max range now.

Adiuvo

They put CP_Gorge as an official map? Yessss.

And Doublecross? Double yessss.

The boots were obvious. It's been thought they would give Rocket Jumping a boost for a long time.

Adiuvo

Holy crap, crafting system!

how to make hats with craft!! - Steam Users' Forums

I <3 Valve again.

EDIT: Oh god, this update really is made of win. Check out the changelog. I bolded the important stuff.

New Content

Added new control point map Gorge
Added new capture the flag map Double Cross
Added item crafting
Added work-in-progress TF Bots for beta testing in KOTH maps (blog post coming with more info)
Added headshot death animations
Added more backstab animations

Soldier

Added 35 new Soldier achievements
Added 4 new Soldier items
Added new Soldier Domination lines

Demoman

Added 35 new Demoman achievements
Added 3 new Demoman items
Added new Demoman Domination lines

Spy

Now pretends to be carrying the weapons & wearables of the target he's disguised as
Moved the Spy's camera-beard to the Misc loadout slot so he can equip it with a hat

Scout

The Sandman now only stuns on a max range hit (when you hear the cheering)

All shorter hits now force the enemy into the thirdperson fleeing state (also removed the damage reduction on them)

Minor changes

Added new options to the Multiplayer->Advanced dialog:
Combat text, which displays damage amounts you do to enemies.
Medic auto caller, which automatically shows you nearby friends at low health.
Heal target marker, which better highlights the target your medigun is locked onto.
Alternative Spy disguise menu, which lets you choose disguises using just the 1-3 keys.
Fixed being able to affect friendly pipes with airblast (they would unstick)
Added recharge sound to abilities with a recharge bar
Fixed attachable wearables not staying on ragdolls
Players no longer see the wearables that are a part of a friendly spy's disguise, fixing various graphical glitches
Added jiggle bones for Pyro's chicken hat
Added 2 new game startup songs

Community Mapmaker requests

Implemented InputSetSetupTime() for team_round_timer (was in the .fgd but never implemented)
Added "SetDispenserLevel" input to cart dispenser (1, 2, or 3)