• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC [TF2] Team Portress (portal mod)

Serideth

"Team Fortress and Portal.
Team Portress is currently in alpha stage as of 5/10/10

Current bugs: Being able to exit out of broken portals"

Looks kinda neat, the video explains it all perfectly (for those of you who somehow didn't get the title.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdHE_NBmLwU[/YT]

Moose

Meta Moose
This looks fun, I would definitely reinstall TF2 to try it out. Portal lacks a multiplayer mode which is disappointing but if this is decent then it might make up for that fact.

Serideth

I doubt it's going to amount to much for a while but if anyone finds out more (no doubt I'll forget about it) post in here as I recon we could all enjoy this and it's free for those of us with source.

Izunagi

Bloodless Tatari
This looks pretty interesting. I don't have TF2 for PC, but now I feel tempted..then again, I would kinda prefer to have for PC anyways.

This looks pretty interesting. I don't have TF2 for PC, but now I feel tempted..then again, I would kinda prefer to have for PC anyways.

The Engineer Update is most likely right around the corner. They usually hold a sale when updates go live, so that's the best time to snatch it up, it's usually around $10 US on sale.

Plus, I think from the sound of this mod is that it's a general Source mod, so all you really need is a Source game. Portal's on sale now for $0, grab that, and you'll may be able to play.

Izunagi

Bloodless Tatari
Kinda hoping your right about them holding a sale. Then again, if they don't; I'll just end up getting TF2 for PC anyways...hopefully at least. Already snagged up Portal (it was free; no complaints here), so I'll probably let that and a few other games install.

Izunagi

Bloodless Tatari
Mods and custom maps are pretty much the big reasons for me wanting to get it for PC...with Mods having the bigger influence here. Still holding off since I'm afraid of buying it and then all of a sudden a sale comes along. Happened to me with Dragon Age and Borderlands....

Serideth

Can you play TM2 on DIAL UP 49.2 kbps ? thanks

I'm not the best one to answer this question on here, but I presume it would be hardly playable unless you played engi and let your sentry do all the work, then again for all I know it might play fine, I'll ask in irc, asked in irc and I'm afraid the consensus is no.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Can you play TM2 on DIAL UP 49.2 kbps ? thanks

weeeellll...it could be possible with a LOT of tweaking your config and various network related cvars and if you were lucky to live in a relatively urban place close to a few TF2 servers. Honestly though, it's rather unlikely, sorry.