• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi The 2011 eXophase Completed Games List

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Everyone talks about darksiders but I don't know. I tried playing it and couldn't get into it, and god more of a GoW hack and slash type feel from it than a Zelda OoT feel. Maybe I should try it again. Do you think it would be better to play a game like that with a controller on the pc as opposed to keyboard/mouse?

I played through it with my wired 360 controller.

Yes the combat is more of a hack 'n' slash but nearly everything else in the game has a Zelda feel to it. The sub-item setup, the exploration, the progression in the game, the themed dungeons. Hell, even War himself looks like he could Oni Link beefed up and wearing a red tunic. The overall world isn't as large as OoT or Wind Waker, maybe about the same size as Majora's Mask. There's also side-quests and item collecting.

Hell, I didn't even really think of God Of War when playing it, thought more so of Devil May Cry. Especially with the amount of Judeo-Christian mythology thrown in.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Speaking of God of War, forgot I finished it last week...

PS3: God of War

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Also, while I'm comparing it to Zelda....

kip9l.jpg

PR0fessor Burnt

Darksiders, amazing game. Reminded me of the same feeling I got playing Ocarina of Time all those years ago but with more stuff added.

where you as disappointed with the last boss as I was? I was on the hardest difficulty and beat him in about 5 mins. Really disappointing.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
where you as disappointed with the last boss as I was? I was on the hardest difficulty and beat him in about 5 mins. Really disappointing.

Nope, it felt about right for me. Was playing on Normal.

EDIT: For ages I thought it weird that The Watcher sounded so much like the Joker. I just looked up the voice cast and Mark Hamill did The Watcher. No wonder then, eh?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Batman: Arkham Asylum, PC, Normal difficulty. Hadn't touched it in 3 months so went through from the start to finish again. Great game but last fight was pretty WTF. Might go back to 100% the achievements but have 595/1000 so far with it. Most of the remaining achievements are challenge related.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
360: Mortal Kombat 9 (x2)

xD

Greatest reboot in the history of videogames period, and best story mode ever on a fighter.

El Diablo

Now that you mention it, it was more of a DMC feel than GoW. Since the demo was only in a dungeon type thing I guess I can't really have the full picture and see what exploring it like outside. Maybe I'll download it and give it a try and see how I like the actual game.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Splinter Cell Conviction - Coop only so far
Army of two, 40th day - normal difficulty(fun, but doubt i'll play it again)
Mass Effect - Insanity difficulty(now playing though ME2 with character, last boss was waay easier on such a difficulty as well, had a harder time on veteran)
L4D2
Portal 2 - both single+coop
all on 360.

Seth

MD Party Room
Dident you have fallout 3 since it came out?

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
PS3: God of War 2 (GoW Collection)

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Gamecube
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Gamecube

That's pretty much what I've been doing all week. PC has been off nearly all the time.

Majora's Mask crashed a few times which was bloody annoying as was the low fps in certain areas but still a great game.
Ocarina of Time...well, it's still a bloody classic. 100%'d it with all hearts and side-quests beaten.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
360: Mortal Kombat 9, Shadows of the Damned, Bulletstorm

And almost done with Half-Life Source xD

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
What you think of it? Kind of tempted to splash out for it although might be for a while yet.

I thought it could have been better. It needed more enemy designs and fell victim to the Unreal Engine pop-in textures after a load.

I liked the level design the majority of the time, but it did get a little repetitive at times. The non-action parts where you are kind of just walking through a part of the story were very boring to me; I skipped them towards the end of the game.

I rented it through Gamefly, but wouldn't recommend it as a purchase as it had very little replay value apart from collecting hidden collectibles.