• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi The Future Of Video Game Consoles

Access_Denied

twelve said:
Don't you have your own room?
Yes, I do. But at this point, if I'm watching movies, it's on the 32" LCD upstairs. Not my 27" CRT downstairs. But that will all change this Christmas when I get that 42" plasma. (Plasmas are only 720p, but 42" makes up for that.)

Moose

Meta Moose
Access_Denied said:
Yes, I do. But at this point, if I'm watching movies, it's on the 32" LCD upstairs. Not my 27" CRT downstairs. But that will all change this Christmas when I get that 42" plasma. (Plasmas are only 720p, but 42" makes up for that.)
Why not just get an LCD?

Colm

Vee said:
This is a thread about the future of games consoles. If you want to know my money making schemes, wake up in the night and walk into your mothers bedroom.
STEALING MONEY FROM YOUR PARENTS: All the cool kids are doing it.

Access_Denied

Do you guys think that in the 9th video game generation (7th right now), that we'll commonly have games that are 50GB or more? Keep in mind that PlayStation one games were only on CDs, and PlayStation 3 games are on Blu-Ray.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Access_Denied said:
Do you guys think that in the 9th video game generation (7th right now), that we'll commonly have games that are 50GB or more? Keep in mind that PlayStation one games were only on CDs, and PlayStation 3 games are on Blu-Ray.

I think its highly likely, technology grows very fast these days.

Adiuvo

The amount of work done doesn't increase as quickly though. I doubt it'll be common, but there will be more than there are now. MGS4 is the only one that currently fills a Blu-Ray disk.

Colm

Adiuvo said:
The amount of work done doesn't increase as quickly though. I doubt it'll be common, but there will be more than there are now. MGS4 is the only one that currently fills a Blu-Ray disk.
That's due to high-quality audio, it could have used much less.
EDIT: Yeah, what eldiablov said :p

Adiuvo

eldiablov said:
And thats only because of uncompressed audio among other space fillers.
Uncompressed audio was useful though. The quality was much higher for those who could support it.

What were the other space fillers?

Adiuvo said:

I think LittleBIGPlanet uses up around 40GB. I lol'd when Otacon told me i had to switch discs then was in awe about the PS3.

Adiuvo

They aren't cutscenes. It's all real time. They don't take up that much space at all since the character models are already there.

There's only eight hours BTW.

PS3 FANBOY

Sony's #1 fanboy :D
I think the PS4 will have a solid state drive and backwards compatible with PS3 blueray games... i also think the games will be download only (like the new psp) :D

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM EST ----------

No, he lol'd because it was a joke within the game. Metal Gear Solid is just awesome like that.

lol i laughed so hard at that part :D