• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The M for Mature family grows

EvilSeph

Administrator
It is said you can only tell how strong a person is by how they handle themselves in a dire situation. I think the same can be said of M for Mature and our community. Without a doubt, things had been slowing down around here - no one can deny that. However, our staff stubbornly and proudly denied any possibility of M for Mature outright dying - and we were right, weren't we? With each passing day, M for Mature grows stronger thanks to the loyalty and care you, our community, shows towards us. Anyone else would have seen the barren front page or stagnant forums and ran away, but not you.

This wave of activity is surely attributed to this odd, yet welcomed, contagious bout of Contribute-want-i-tis that seems to have taken our community by storm and has motivated me to once again get into writing articles for the Curious Findings series, among other things. Still, I am but one person in the long list of individuals that wish to give back to M for Mature and help us grow. You may have noticed that our Contributors list has grown considerably recently and we'd like to give those individuals the recognition they deserve - not only for wanting to be a bigger part of our M for Mature, but more importantly for bringing us out of that awful ditch we were in.

Our first addition to the M for Mature Contributors program is xploren who recently helped rocket our progress on our next big project: the M for Mature Gamer Cards. You may have noticed some cool looking signature images with people's PSN or Xbox Live information and games - those are thanks to efforts by our staff (mainly Chathurga and Abe_Froeman) and our new Contributor xploren. While the project is currently in beta, that doesn't mean you can't already get your own to see how it fits in with your profile, so get one now! More details can be found in the Site Graphic Artists Needed For Project thread or in future announcements we make about the project.

Our next few additions are people who are loyal to M for Mature and have been searching for a way to become a bigger part of our community for a while now. These people have chosen to write for our front page, which is another way to contribute like helping us out with any projects we may have and a couple of them are well on the way to getting their own official MfM Editorial series. It's thanks to Contributors like Andy and MenaceInc that we're able to provide you with news or information on topics that we're all likely to find interesting as an aside to our usual coverage courtesy of x3sphere and his site, eXophase.com.

If you have a penchant for being on screen and engaging viewers with well articulated and useful productions, the next two Contributors are the Directors you'll want to talk to. eldiablov and Dan. have been trying extremely hard to get their MfM YouTube initiative off the ground and deserve all the praise they can get. If you're interested in bringing M for Mature to YouTube (and becoming famous in the process ;)) then what are you waiting for? Go check out the MfM YouTube initiative and get involved!

The rest of our new Contributors are a bit insane, wanting to churn out enough articles to begin a series with and all.

eldiablov (wait, didn't I mention him already? :scared:) has been really busy the past few weeks: not only is he spearheading the MfM YouTube initiative along with Dan., as mentioned before, he is also working hard to get himself his very own official MfM Editorial series: Serial Killers. Serial Killers is an interesting in-depth insight into various popular series' and where they went wrong. If you'd like to know more, you should check out his thread about the series.

KezraPlanes is an ambitious member that came along with the ChickHEN traffic wave (see, not everything that came from that wave is bad!) who is hoping to help us grow with the addition of a few series' and articles. We recently published his introduction article for a series called The Big Wigs that focuses on large companies that you likely regularly buy services or products from and provides and in-depth analysis and look into their history and how they came to be. If you'd like to know more about the series, you should take a look at his The Big Wigs: Introduction article and his original forum thread about the series.

We just recently posted guidelines on our editing process and how to apply to become a writer, so I expect we'll be seeing more Contributors soon enough. If you guys would like to give back to M for Mature for being such an awesome place it is, please consider donating (your time or your money), it is all much appreciated. Still want to contribute more? We would love to hear what you think about the direction we're going in or M for Mature in general and would appreciate any comments you make on our various articles.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
haha, awesome post right there EvilSeph... I'm not used to being praised though D:

Glad to be on board :D

Seth

MD Party Room
Wow you guys have been doing so much for the forums it great, this place has done wonders in just over a year. Is still a bit shocked to see eldiablov on the list tho lol. Maybe one day I do something worth while for the forums, other than post a whole lot lol

_Syn

Aw, how cute. I love how MfM is expanding rather than just sticking with the forum and the site.

Brad

Yoshimi

Your previous post was deleted that had the same content as this current post by you.

Why you felt the need to do it again leads me to believe your missing a certain type of skill a skill that almost every competent person has. I'm not calling you retarded but the only thing I can assume about you is from your posting style so..ah fuck it

I'll be blunt it wasn't funny and dumb as fuck.... don't do it again.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Your previous post was deleted that had the same content as this current post by you.

Why you felt the need to do it again leads me to believe your missing a certain type of skill a skill that almost every competent person has. I'm not calling you retarded but the only thing I can assume about you is from your posting style so..ah fuck it

I'll be blunt it wasn't funny and dumb as fuck.... don't do it again.

That was the best thing ive read all day.