• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The NEW Xbox360 Homebrew Scene and YOU

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
If an Xbox doesn't have the August 89xx homebrew killer update, then you are good.

ALTHOUGH, XBReboot only is compatible with Jaspers without the 256mb,512mb nand yet. Although it probably will be soon.

There is currently an "un-soft-moddable" drive in current 360s. They are Lite-on 83850c v2 and 93450c

The 8v2 model started in late July and some August drives. Its still possible to flash these, it requires a bit a soldering though. The only way to tell if your July/August dvd firmware is dumpable is to attempt to dump it.

WalangAlam

If an Xbox doesn't have the August 89xx homebrew killer update, then you are good.

ALTHOUGH, XBReboot only is compatible with Jaspers without the 256mb,512mb nand yet. Although it probably will be soon.

There is currently an "un-soft-moddable" drive in current 360s. They are Lite-on 83850c v2 and 93450c

The 8v2 model started in late July and some August drives. Its still possible to flash these, it requires a bit a soldering though. The only way to tell if your July/August dvd firmware is dumpable is to attempt to dump it.

Will these August 89xx homebrew killer and drive 8v2 be moddable eventually?

@James. The saleslady told me the manufacturing date was June 2009. I don't know how accurate is that coz i juz inquired thru phone.

Are there any Mouse/KB for FPS in XBOX360? I sucks at joystick in FPS.

ilyace

@James. The saleslady told me the manufacturing date was June 2009. I don't know how accurate is that coz i juz inquired thru phone.

That's what the PC is for.

James.

User Not Found
Nobody knows.
You should go into the shop, then you'll be 100% sure :)

Only with an external accessory XCM . Look for XCM XFPS 360

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"

I always go by the saying "nothing is unhackable". Later down the road these 89xx+ kernels will be exploited.
Same saying goes with the PS3 even though it's been locked down pretty tight for a while. Something's bound to be discovered. ;)

WalangAlam

what is the name of the tools/software in dumping dvd firmware?

Crank

Crank it up!

James.

User Not Found
There's also XNA. It's an official homebrew platform, also for Zune and PC. This way costs money to deploy to the 360 though.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I'm sorry, but this has been bothering me for too long.

On the video, you say "Which is pretty sweet", and that reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite. I don't know why, but it does.

Anyway,

Awesome job collecting FAQ's and guides here.

WalangAlam

Just plain soldering. There are different points depending on your motherboard

:w00t: good to know. at least I won't be buying any chip. I will buy soon and will try modding with all the info i got here. thanks so far guys. more questions to come:blushing:

explosions

explosions

Ok, I've dumped with/out the resistors, ECP+EPP mode, Output only mode and I've yet to get two matching dumps. I believe the only other mode is Bi-Directional. Should I try that? I get the right flash config any way I try it.