• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The NEW Xbox360 Homebrew Scene and YOU

explosions

explosions

XD

I wasn't really gonna try to flash with those odds. I value my 360 more than that. Installed a printer driver and that seems to help. Gonna try to dump again.

explosions

I've got it flashing now... Hoping for the best.

Couldn't read block 25. Errored out with 210. Manually flashed that block and read it again, then injected it into the read file and compared to xbr.bin. Matched 100%. Now to put it back together.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Running XBReboot now. Can't use it right now, however. Needs an eject button, and a replacement case fan. (GPU side won't spin.) I did, however take a few pictures with my new phone. If anyone wants me to post them, let me know.

EDIT: This post is starting to look like my JTAG cable. lol. Also, I found a way to dump chunks of the nand using simple batch files. I'm going to try to write my own. And stuff.

Crank

Crank it up!
Running XBReboot on my Xenon now, works well. Already replaced the HDD with a 250GB from a dead laptop and uses XexLauncher to dump Dead Rising to the HDD, works really nice :D

Guess I should reassemble my 360 now.

WalangAlam

so which one?:laugh:
how do i prevent RROD? could i add fan on my xbox360 or somethin?

Crank

Crank it up!
It still happens sometimes. Just not as often. Plus, when you're running games off a usb hard drive, its A LOT less likely to happen.

How does RRoD relate to using the DVD drive, at all? (It doesn't.)

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Its still a great console, regardless on if you can hack it or not.

You can hack a Wii very easily though and it comes with great homebrew software with a strong community of developers (although not as many anymore).

Updates!!
Updates!
- XexLoader got renamed to Xexmenu and got updated to version 1.0 which contains an FTP server, custom themes, Xbox1 partition support, show CPU, GPU and southbridge temperatures (which is really nice for testing cooling methods) and other small tweaks.
- A genesis and Super Nintendo emulator have been released with support for achievements.
- XM360 0.4 was recently released which allows booting of Xbox Live Arcade Games from a non trusted storage device (usb hdd).

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Its still a great console, regardless on if you can hack it or not.

You can hack a Wii very easily though and it comes with great homebrew software with a strong community of developers (although not as many anymore).

Updates!!
Updates!
- XexLoader got renamed to Xexmenu and got updated to version 1.0 which contains an FTP server, custom themes, Xbox1 partition support, show CPU, GPU and southbridge temperatures (which is really nice for testing cooling methods) and other small tweaks.
- A genesis and Super Nintendo emulator have been released with support for achievements.
- XM360 0.4 was recently released which allows booting of Xbox Live Arcade Games from a non trusted storage device (usb hdd).

Damn, still no support for updated 360s.
So the 600,000 to 1,000,000 360s that were banned still serve little function.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Damn, still no support for updated 360s.
So the 600,000 to 1,000,000 360s that were banned still serve little function.

The ones that got banned, got banned when they updated I think.
So they have the newest update so they cant jtag.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
The ones that got banned, got banned when they updated I think.
So they have the newest update so they cant jtag.

Yeah I know, that's why they have little function.

Spiros

Maiki
I've read through the entire thread but no ones asked. I was wondering if you had any more information on this:
Q: I did the August update. Can I still use it?
A: Not yet. Many highly respected developers have hinted at a solution in the near future though.
I had planned not to update, but i must have done it not thinking when i played nhl 10 for the first time, was super bummed when i realized what i did. so thats my only hope now that another exploit will be found.

let me know if you do have any more information on that.