• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The NEW Xbox360 Homebrew Scene and YOU

Spiros

Maiki
yeah, im not too bothered anyway, i can wait, when and if one comes out.
my understanding is that it does get easier to find other exploits when the system is already hacked right? so i bet one will be found eventually.
ps3 exploit looks promising though.

explosions

WalangAlam

I got bored tinkering with my wii and I bought an XBOX 360 so I have something new to tinker with.

I successfully opened my x360 and I'm trying now to learn how to flash first the Lite on DVD.

Any easy tutorials out there?
What are the things that I should NOT do that might brick my x360 DVD drive or damage my x360?

Manufacturing date is May2009 and kernel version is 7363. I can jtag this right?

WalangAlam

thanks much Lachrymose your tips were good ones too bad I can't give reputation to you anymore.

I'm so excited. I gonna make my own probe today since I got a Lite on 74850C and it will take days before my ck3 and lt switch arrive.

anybody selling an easy kit for detagging?

Do we need to desolder and remove the diodes and resistor after we jtagged an x360?

will this tinkering/jtagging contributes to 3rl?

WalangAlam

FlashConfig:00AA3020
512MB Nand Detected
Using LPT device at address: 0378
Starting Block: 0x000000
Ending Block: 0x007FFF
Configured for Large Block Nand
Reading

it's taking forever to dump my nand:cry:

WalangAlam

@explosions
I don't know too if that is the right flashconfig. I think it will take me 16hours to dump 512MB :(

I will attempt to make my own usb nand reader based on DarkstarTM tut, if I find a PIC 18F2455-I/SP that is.

how's your usb nand reader explosions?

where can I buy a ready made usb nand reader? preferably one that accepts paypal?

explosions

@explosions
I don't know too if that is the right flashconfig. I think it will take me 16hours to dump 512MB :(

I will attempt to make my own usb nand reader based on DarkstarTM tut, if I find a PIC 18F2455-I/SP that is.

how's your usb nand reader explosions?

where can I buy a ready made usb nand reader? preferably one that accepts paypal?

I haven't gotten mine to work fully. I think my resonator frequency is off and I made the trivial LVP which no one else seems to have done.

You can buy a premade one here

MajorPSP156

Major PSP
I've heard there's a way to access the xexmenu off a usb while using the Modern Warfare 2 mod but im not completely sure of how they done it but sounds great to me ;) so now i can sit back and relax playing homebrew emulators on an offline xbox 360 and if i want to go on xbox live i can probably remove the mod and then connect back online :) simpliy lol

Xeno Templar

Xeno Templar
Ok, if the whole homebrew/roms & emulators thing is actually working, then awesome, considering I've been debating on buying an original X-Box from my sister's boyfriend just so that I can hack it & get the old-school games on it so when I go visit my parents, they'll lay off my 360, they're used to the old Nintendo, anyways (Super Mario Bros, Pin-Bot, Dr. Mario & Tetris mostly, lol) Not that I wouldn't play them when I'm not playing 360, PSP or iTouch, cause I would! Just 1 problem: I refuse to crack open my 360, would there be a way to do this from disc/USB? I payed a friend to hack it, I'll get the details on it & let you know later, all I know is that he used a supposed "undetectable" hack (but he still warns that it could become detectable at any given time) & he says I have the Falcon mobo (not sure if that matters) I had him hack it for the old-school games & mods, to begin w/ just to find out, at that point in time, it was not possible, that was roughly a year ago, tops, & I'm still online!

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Ok, if the whole homebrew/roms & emulators thing is actually working, then awesome, considering I've been debating on buying an original X-Box from my sister's boyfriend just so that I can hack it & get the old-school games on it so when I go visit my parents, they'll lay off my 360, they're used to the old Nintendo, anyways (Super Mario Bros, Pin-Bot, Dr. Mario & Tetris mostly, lol) Not that I wouldn't play them when I'm not playing 360, PSP or iTouch, cause I would! Just 1 problem: I refuse to crack open my 360, would there be a way to do this from disc/USB? I payed a friend to hack it, I'll get the details on it & let you know later, all I know is that he used a supposed "undetectable" hack (but he still warns that it could become detectable at any given time) & he says I have the Falcon mobo (not sure if that matters) I had him hack it for the old-school games & mods, to begin w/ just to find out, at that point in time, it was not possible, that was roughly a year ago, tops, & I'm still online!

Wait so what did his hack enable? From the sounds of it he just installed iXtreme firmware which just lets you play burnt discs, and if that was actually a year ago I'd be a bit worried if I were you as since then the firmware has become somewhat detectable :p

Xeno Templar

Xeno Templar
Maybe it is but I still play online, it was around summer of 2010 when he hacked it. I didnt dare to do it cause any time I take an electronic device apart it never works the same, if at all, when I put it back together.
I would like to know if I can be caught just by signing in to XBL or do I actually have to be in a multiplayer game for MS to detect it?
I think I have the BenQ DVD-drive but I'm not sure, my friend hasnt responded back yet, I went to http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/Xbox_360_DVD_Drive_Comparison.htm and it says the BenQ has white wires, but mine are yellow, both my dad & I checked and sure enough they are yellow but the drive tray is the exact same as the BenQ, so it has to be.
Oh, and to answer your question, yes, as far as I know, since he said he hacked his MOSTLY for the homebrew/roms & emus but at that point in time nobody has actually done it yet, unless you can live w/out sound & full-speed games, thats about all I can do w/ it thus far, is play burnt copies.
Kind of pisses me off, too, cause I hack for the mods/customizations & roms & emus & so far, Ive been very disappointed, f'ing MS!
...And, now that you mention it, iXtreme sounds familiar, ya, I think thats what he said he used but that was, like I said, going on a year this summer, so my memory isnt all that great, 4:20 (HINT HINT) lol