• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The PlayStation Phone

Seth

MD Party Room
engadgetpspphone7-1288145212.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/26/the-playstation-phone/

Im already regretted buying my epic :(

Robby

Los Doyers!
Really digging it.

I want to see the game lineup though. Also, I want to see videos of it in action and a price before I get too excited.
My contract doesn't end til August so hopefully it's released before then.

phoenixv5

Concept art or real thing?
Well, they say it's real............................
Reliable?
Can it actually work like a Playstation?
Doubtful......................

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The lineup will likely be nothing to write home about. I can see them bringing over PSOne classics and possibly a few PSP titles. The architecture is completely different, so they'll have to be ported over one by one.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool concept, but without SCE's full backing I fear this will end up as mostly an afterthought as far as software is concerned. Especially with the PSP2 right around the corner.

Spiros

Maiki
Could this be what the rumors were about, like the one about a developer having one already and dev kits going out to numerous developers, could it have actually been about this rather than the PSP2?

Also, looks cool, I like that it has dual analog touch pads (?), hopefully they feel more natural than dual analog sticks on an iphone touchscreen.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Could this be what the rumors were about, like the one about a developer having one already and dev kits going out to numerous developers, could it have actually been about this rather than the PSP2?

Also, looks cool, I like that it has dual analog touch pads (?), hopefully they feel more natural than dual analog sticks on an iphone touchscreen.

No, those stories were talking about the PSP2 and those are dual analog touch pads most likely

Deathrow

Gizmodo has posted plenty of pictures to prove its fake. Don't speculate it's real because its not.

Joey

Gizmodo has posted plenty of pictures to prove its fake. Don't speculate it's real because its not.

Gizmodo has nothing but a link to Engadget's story, what the fuck are you talking about?

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

Curious as to how this works outside of gaming. How is it as a phone? What applications are available for it? Can it play music?

It's an android phone, So, it has all of the applications from the Android Market presumably, and of course it can play music, why wouldn't it?

PS, Hard menu and home buttons means I'm immediately interested. So tired of the Nexus One's soft keys.

TeamOverload

Looks like the folks at Engadget got their hands on photos of something interesting: A PlayStation Phone. We've heard about this mysterious device in the past, but this is the first look at a prototype model.

The phone apparently has a 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8655 chip, 512MB of RAM, 1GB of ROM, and support for microSD cards. It's speculated that it will run Android 3.0 and offer a custom Sony Marketplace. There aren't many other details, but you can check out more photos of the prototype unit over at Engadget. [Engadget]
http://gizmodo.com/5674138/meet-the-playstation-phone

You were saying?

Hellcat

Contributor
Am I the only one not believing that?
This has "BS" all over it SO badly.... why do ppl fall for that all the time?

Moose

Meta Moose
For some reason this really hasn't sparked any excitement for me... the aesthetics look *really* bad.

Deathrow

Am I the only one not believing that?
This has "BS" all over it SO badly.... why do ppl fall for that all the time?

Thank you! Someone has common sense to actually do a little bit of searching and figuring it out if its fake or not.

@Joey, you obvious believe everything you see lmao

340x.png

TADA!

Edit: To debunk Engadget's story (both of them), the phone may be deemed "legit" but it totally doesn't look like it. Check the pictures again, lighting on buttons doesn't add up with the rest of the device, screen is out of proportion with the rest of the phone, etc etc. It totally looks shopped. >.>