• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The PlayStation Phone

Dan

Contributor
Thank you! Someone has common sense to actually do a little bit of searching and figuring it out if its fake or not.

@Joey, you obvious believe everything you see lmao

340x.png

TADA!

Edit: To debunk Engadget's story (both of them), the phone may be deemed "legit" but it totally doesn't look like it. Check the pictures again, lighting on buttons doesn't add up with the rest of the device, screen is out of proportion with the rest of the phone, etc etc. It totally looks shopped. >.>

Engadget said:
The particular model in these shots is still in prototyping mode. As such, the unit doesn't have a custom skin (not even SE's Timescape design seen on the Xperia devices), and is said to be rather buggy.

Glossy finishes and software modifications tend to come at the end of development.

Joey

Thank you! Someone has common sense to actually do a little bit of searching and figuring it out if its fake or not.

@Joey, you obvious believe everything you see lmao

340x.png

TADA!

Edit: To debunk Engadget's story (both of them), the phone may be deemed "legit" but it totally doesn't look like it. Check the pictures again, lighting on buttons doesn't add up with the rest of the device, screen is out of proportion with the rest of the phone, etc etc. It totally looks shopped. >.>

I believe it because Engadget has credibility. Why would they make something up in August, and continue the lie well into October? There's nothing in it for them.

Not everything's a conspiracy. And it's not like I have a vested intrested in this thing's existence, if it does end up being vaporware, then we all move on. I just happen to trust Engadget, because I've never known them to make shit up.

Dan

Contributor
Also, this is exactly what was said when Kotaku(?) got leaks of the PSP Go. It looked shopped like hell, but it was just the lighting and angle.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Regardless of all your speculation - the reason why this picture is not real is because the phone looks ugly as shit. That enough says its fake.

Black phone - white control area? gtfo you no design knowing motherfuckers

Even a concept or prototype would look better than this

Joey

It looks like shit because it's a prototype... That's clearly not the retail phone. Engadget said as much.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Are you trying to prove to me that designing a phone like an ugly calculator is common?

You pick Sony Ericsson of all phones to combat that ugly PSP Phone? Good choice, considering Sony Ericsson phones sell on the worst carriers on the globe. You can try to justify that smartphone as looking good but we all know the only reason you would be is because its your only option in whatever shit carrier you have.

eldiablov

Contributor
Are you trying to prove to me that designing a phone like an ugly calculator is common?

You pick Sony Ericsson of all phones to combat that ugly PSP Phone? Good choice, considering Sony Ericsson phones sell on the worst carriers on the globe. You can try to justify that smartphone as looking good but we all know the only reason you would be is because its your only option in whatever shit carrier you have.

A rather facetious argument backed by nothing but your own uneducated opinion. I'll pass.