• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi The Sacrifice Hitting L4D1 And L4D2

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
valvel4d2.jpg

Valve has a double dose of content in store for players of its addictive co-op horror franchise. The company today revealed The Sacrifice, an add-on campaign that extends the experience of both Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2.

In addition to the campaign extension, Valve is retrofitting L4D's No Mercy campaign for L4D2, adding melee weapons as well as new infected types missing from the first title.

The Sacrifice chronicles*the events depicted in L4D2's last expansion, The Passing, from the perspective of the original game cast -- Bill, Zoey, Francis, Louis[...]

Continue reading: The Sacrifice Hitting L4D1 And L4D2...

Hearing L4D's campaigns finally making their way into L4D2 sounds great, but I wonder if owning L4D is a prerequisite. Community-made ports exist, but many are unfinished, and the fact their are multiple versions makes it difficult for players to use them online. Valve doing it right should help add some much needed content to L4D2.

Looking forward to this new custom campaign, been looking for a reason to fire up L4D/2. The online mode just really doesen't cut it unless you play with people you know.

xploren

Contributor
YES, I've been dying to play No Mercy on L4D2 smoothly. The Sacrifice sounds nice as well, fills in the gaping hole in the Passing story. I'm wondering though, are the original survivors going to be ported into L4D2 for these maps? If they are, it'd be cool to have them available for the rest of the maps.