• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Thinking about selling my PS3 and getting a Wii, opinions.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
^Title says it all.

I'm tired of being bored or not wanting to play anything on my PS3 (this is how I felt for the past 6 months) and honestly the Wii sounds like a much better deal in terms of what I'm looking for in a console (killing time, different games).

So whatch'all think?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
less shooting games, more genre variety (as in "out of the norm" or "mildly innovative" or "more fun"), virtual console.

also, with the money I get I could buy a wii and fix my 360 xD

Sinfulfate

I'd have to agree with slicer4ever, you will eventually get bored with the Wii since it has a much smaller list of quality games. The Wii does have less shooting games but I don't see why that would matter, with PSN, PS3 games, and PS1 games the amount of genres you have access to with your PS3 is quite varied, and the games on the virtual console are insanely overpriced. If your truly bored with your PS3 than I recommend picking up a ds if you don't already own one instead of a wii. It has a huge game library and it will offer you a different gaming experience than what you get with your home console.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'd have to agree with slicer4ever, you will eventually get bored with the Wii since it has a much smaller list of quality games. The Wii does have less shooting games but I don't see why that would matter, with PSN, PS3 games, and PS1 games the amount of genres you have access to with your PS3 is quite varied, and the games on the virtual console are insanely overpriced. If your truly bored with your PS3 than I recommend picking up a ds if you don't already own one instead of a wii. It has a huge game library and it will offer you a different gaming experience than what you get with your home console.

I thought about that but then I remembered the 3DS is coming xD

Robby

Los Doyers!
I got the Wii for that very reason of being bored with my other consoles. Then a couple months later, the Wii doesn't even get turned on no more.

It is fun for awhile, nice change of setting but it doesn't last.
I feel like I'm too old to play the Wii honestly. It's a kids/family console in my eyes. Not something a teen would be interested in. But then again that's just me.

The last game played was Monster Hunter Tri. Love that game, but like I said, it get's boring. It needs some blockbuster games.

You'll get bored of it in a months time. It's titles are fairly limited too. Apart from the first-party titles, it's mostly shovelware.

If you want something different, i'd either opt for the Move or the Kinect. They're newer, cheaper and have more potential. They're also in the spotlight right now, so there's where all the attention will be.

Seth

MD Party Room
Has someone who owns all 3( Wii, ps3 and 360) I can safely tell you, you will get bored of your Wii. Hell hacked my Wii and am still bored with it. Epic yarn and Epic Mickey where fun but like the rest got to broing and easy. I not the biggest fan of shooters but I enjoy them from time to time, but I have more variedly with ps3 than I will ever have on my Wii

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Thanks for all the insight guys :p Guess I'll have to re-think

Adiuvo

Don't get a Wii. It's a waste of money, and everyone in our house hasn't touched it in about three months despite me having a 500GB hardrive filled with games hooked up to it.

phoenixv5

I have neither Wii nor PS3, but I plan to buy a Wii first, among the two consoles.
I thought about it and it turns out that I have more games to play in Wii than in PS3.

I almost never play shooting, so the only games that I even want to try in a PS3 are God Of War 3 and Prince Of Persia (4).
Other games available like DMC4, Assassis Creed Series, and all, I finished and prefer to play in PC!
But in Wii, there are many games (more than 10 anyway), although as Robby said, they are for younger people.

Another thing, is that Wii is backward compatible with the GameCube.
Yes the same can be said for a PS3 (backwards compatible with PS2), but for me that doesn't matter, cause I already have a PS2.

And as for getting bored after 7 months, probably true. I got bored of PS2 (counted more than 15 games to play, then) within 2 or 3 months.
But now, after I lent to a friend I found three more games to play and am getting it back.
Then again, I don't think there are ANY consoles one wouldn't get bored with after 1/2 an year.
There is the PSP for me though. I had it since April last year and I'm not that bored with it.
Always something interesting about it. TN HEN, Wololo's HBL and so on.

BTW how much did you plan to sell the PS3 for anyway?

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Another thing, is that Wii is backward compatible with the GameCube.
Yes the same can be said for a PS3 (backwards compatible with PS2), but for me that doesn't matter, cause I already have a PS2.
only if you can find an old ps3, sony removed backwards compatability quite awhile ago

phoenixv5

only if you can find an old ps3, sony removed backwards compatability quite awhile ago

Even worse.
No backwards compatability, PS3move isn't that sensitive (what about Wii's any idea?), and 3d will probably damage your eyes.
Why does anyone buy a PS3 anywayz (if you guys have an answer, pls post)? Is it just graphics and bluray drive?

Oh and as I said, I have a PS2, so I don't need to bother about backwards compatability!

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Even worse.
No backwards compatability, PS3move isn't that sensitive (what about Wii's any idea?), and 3d will probably damage your eyes.
Why does anyone buy a PS3 anywayz (if you guys have an answer, pls post)? Is it just graphics and bluray drive?

Oh and as I said, I have a PS2, so I don't need to bother about backwards compatability!

The Move is actually much more accurate than the Wii, at least in my experience.

As far as the reasons for buying a PS3: media player (Bluray and other media), for the exclusive games - MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted 1/2, Killzone, Resistance, etc.

This generation it's really not about which console is better, it's more about which console suits your game playing needs. Just make a list of current and future games you would like to play for each platform and then decide on which platform you would want based on that. The PS3's online features are still lacking in comparison to Xbox Live but at least it's better than the Wii's almost non-existent, poorly handled, online system.

phoenixv5

The Move is actually much more accurate than the Wii, at least in my experience.

This generation it's really not about which console is better, it's more about which console suits your game playing needs. Just make a list of current and future games you would like to play for each platform and then decide on which platform you would want based on that. The PS3's online features are still lacking in comparison to Xbox Live but at least it's better than the Wii's almost non-existent, poorly handled, online system.

First of all, I only tried PS3move, and it wasn't that accurate. So if Wii is worse.................................
My question then is, is there an alternate controller in Wii, one that isn't motion sensitive?

As for the console one choses, I thought I wanted a Wii, but now I'm not so sure!

Last, nice avatar!

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
First of all, I only tried PS3move, and it wasn't that accurate. So if Wii is worse.................................
My question then is, is there an alternate controller in Wii, one that isn't motion sensitive?

As for the console one choses, I thought I wanted a Wii, but now I'm not so sure!

Last, nice avatar!

With the Wii most games use the motion controller but there are a few games that allow you to use a gamecube controller or a Wii "classic" controller. Although the majority of games on the Wii take advantage of the motion controls.

As far as the accuracy of the PSMove, it all depends on the games you've played. I've never really had any problems with the PSMove not replicating my moves properly (well, in the fighting game, but those are pre-determined moves). Play something like Boccie or Disc Golf (from Sports Champions) and you'll see how accurate it is

El Diablo

Everytime I try using the Wii I can barely make it past the starting menus to get into the game. I really can not see or understand the, or any for that matter, appeal to playing it. I need a legitimate controller or keyboard >.>.

Righteous Nixon

^Title says it all.

I'm tired of being bored or not wanting to play anything on my PS3 (this is how I felt for the past 6 months) and honestly the Wii sounds like a much better deal in terms of what I'm looking for in a console (killing time, different games).

So whatch'all think?

The grass is always greener on the other side....well, that is until you actually get there. If your bored with the PS3, chances are your just bored with the gaming industry in general. Sure, the Wii has some quality 1st party games that aren't on the PS3, but you would blast through those in no time and be left with a much smaller selection of 3rd party titles. If you really want a Wii, buy one used and keep your PS3 to go with it. That way you not severely cutting down on your 3rd party options. You could buy one used, with some games you wanted, for very little money overall.