• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXo

M for Messenger
pspcolors.jpg

Take a look at our FAQ for more information!
DOWNLOAD HEN Here!!
[/CENTER]

Update #1 4/21/09: It will not be released tonight (9:30PM EST as I'm writing this) and Davee will be gone for a good portion of the end of the week so there is no idea as to a new potential release date. We all ask for your patience as we work through these moments of anticipation and excitement.

Update #2 4/22/09: Before posting any further questions, you should come check out our official FAQ. Alot of your questions can be answered just by checking it out. Hopefully this reduces some of the spam and repetitive questions being seen here in this thread. If you have any further questions not covered by the FAQ, don't hesitate to come and ask them in here.

Update #3 4/27/09: Slasher was able to have a quick conversation with Davee:

Convo said:
<Davee> We've got all the launcher working
<Davee> and the greater part of the modules work
<Davee> there is a bug in rebootex however, which is really hard to debug as there is no screen or IO
<Slasher> ah I see, so once this bug is fixed then, it should be all ready for release hopefully?
<Davee> probably not
<Davee> but it's close
<Slasher> cool
<Slasher> are you relatively confident that this bug will be fixed? how hard is it to pinpoint it?
<Davee> Strongly confident
<Davee> If all my testing fails, I will reverse 5.00 M33 rebootex
<Davee> pinpointing is hard, as I have no debugging utilities
<Davee> it's a matter of testing each patch individually

Update #4 4/28/09: A video was released showing the HEN being launched on an official 5.03 firmware PSP 2003.

[video=youtube;Qn2Z8bYr3tE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn2Z8bYr3tE[/video]

Update #5 5/2/09: Davee has posted some eyecandy for you all. Here'a picture of an emulator that is running on a PSP-3000. Undeniable proof that yes, homebrew is running on a PSP-3000! Enjoy.
gpsp3000.jpg

Update #6: 5/04/09: Davee had the following to say about the release (please do not take it as a set release date, it's a projection)

Davee said:
Lemme get some facts straight.

HEN is designed to ONLY work on 5.03. Those who are on other firmwares need to update 5.03 to utilise HEN.

I am hoping for HEN release either later today or tomorrow, it depends on many factors (as currently I am not at home).

Also, I recommend everyone to take a look at the rules of this site. There is a lot of breaches occuring and it doesn't look good.

Update #7 05/04/09: Team Typhoon has just released a new video of homebrew running on a PSP-3000 using ChickHEN (HEN).

[video=youtube;MTJOWkNq1vw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTJOWkNq1vw[/video]

Update #8: 5/05/09: HEN is now released!
Davee's DevSite
Homebrew On All PSPs Now A Reality: ChickHEN for Firmware 5.03 Released

Update #9: 5/06/09: HEN Rev 2 is now Released!
ChickHEN for Firmware 5.03 R2 - M for Mature - Video Gaming and Consumer Electronics - News, Reviews, Editorials, and Community Discussion

This update fixes the previous bug that prevented homebrew from launching.

For information and earlier discussion of the TIFF exploit itself, see [RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World - M for Mature Forums

With the upcoming release of HEN (Homebrew Enabler) for the PSP using MatiAz's tiff exploit there has been some heated discussions on the topic. Davee, who will be releasing the HEN in the coming days (at least that's the planned release), has answered most of the questions people have been asking but it has been difficult to find them.

Here's some information about the upcoming HEN that you should know

• [strike]Currently set for a release this Tuesday (maybe Wednesday for some of you in China)[/strike]
  • It will not allow the execution of ISOs - at least not natively
  • Some PSPs will be able to have CFW flashed while other models will be left out (due to Motherboard issues and limitations)
  • HEN will enable most homebrew execution but some older homebrew may require some tinkering to work on the new HEN
    • At this point all we know is there could be compatibility issues; there's nothing to say which homebrew games, apps, or emulators will or will not work. It can be assumed that 1.5 kernel specific homebrew won't work but beyond that we will have to wait and see.
    • According to Davee, there will possibly be support for some plugins in a later version.
  • POPs will not be supported (meaning you cannot run PSX ISOs, sorry)
  • Some motherboards will not be supported for CFW use (as well as anyone who was previously unable to use Pandora)
    • TA-088 V3 and TA-090 V2 Motherboards are not supported (for CFW)
Note: KezraPlanes has also made a FAQ of his own [here]

For those wanting to pirate PSP games you will be out of luck. You can claim that you want to pirate because you have no money (well then why'd you buy it in the first place!) but others claim they want to backup their games. You can try to justify piracy but in the end, it's the same thing - piracy.

Exploits in the past have been made for the purpose of enabling homebrew, not enabling piracy (keep that in mind).

Davee

lolhax
With the upcoming release of HEN (Homebrew Enabler) for the PSP using MatiAz's tiff exploit there has been some heated discussions on the topic. Davee, who will be releasing the HEN in the coming days (at least that's the planned release), has answered most of the questions people have been asking but it has been difficult o find them.

Here's some information about the upcoming HEN that you should know

- Currently set for a release this Tuesday (maybe Wednesday for some of you in China)
- It will not allow the execution of ISO's - at least not natively
- Some PSP's will be able to have CFW flashed while other models will be left out (due to Motherboard issues and limitations)
- HEN will enable most homebrew execution but some older homebrew may require some tinkering to work on the new HEN

For those wanting to pirate PSP games you will be out of luck. You can claim that you want to pirate because you have no money (well then why'd you buy it in the first place!) but others claim they want to backup their games. You can try to justify piracy but in the end, it's the same thing - piracy.

Exploits in the past have been made for the purpose of enabling homebrew, not enabling piracy (keep that in mind).

You hit the nail right on the head. In addition HEN will be uncompatible with anything which imports M33 functions.

Moose

Meta Moose
Davee, I'd just like to say thank you and a big congratulations. You have come a long way in a very short amount of time. :)

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
(after reading a few threads about the topic)
Davee, no matter what happens, please, do not add ISO support.
Sure, I have a PSP 1k that I installed CFW 2 years ago, sure I can play ISO...so you may be asking "Don't we have the same rights as you?" and quite honestly, no. Yes I would like to believe that people are going to use the HEN/CFW to try ISO's and then BUY the actual games, but that's not what you intend to do and you know it. It' shocking to find people playing games of their sticks without even knowing about homebrew. There are tons of homebrew apps with great abilities. Seriously, just think about something you would like to do with your PSP, it probably has been already created!.

Anyway, thanks Davee for all you hard wrok, man.

PS: sorry for the rant :p

lifeonmars77

well , thnx for the good news, well i apologize that one of our chinese friend gave some "advise" that sound really stupid to everyone, but why buy psp? because its fun, we can still borrow umd's from friend, am i right?

Good post FrozenIpaq. I have been repeatedly telling newbies stuff similar to what you posted in the TIFF release thread.

Just want to say that the users of the PSP-1000 version of the 5.03 HEN can be flashed to custom firmware using Hellcat's Pandora Installer for 3.xx+ kernel R4B.

A suggestion to add to the first post you have is:

"5.03 HEN is very stripped down compared to custom firmware so things like plugins and popsloader will not work. "

cooflysr

I can only say: thank you..

I can only say: Thank you..
However, there is a problem.

The Xreader/EBOOK/BookReader will be able to run HEN?

Adiuvo

No specific details can be given on what the HEN will support until it's released, unfortunately. You can bet that it will be designed with the majority of homebrew in mind however.

nathu

Some PSP's will be able to have CFW flashed while other models will be left out (due to Motherboard issues and limitations)

can u gimme more details abt this ..which psp's are those SOME

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Some PSP's will be able to have CFW flashed while other models will be left out (due to Motherboard issues and limitations)

can u gimme more details abt this ..which psp's are those SOME

Sorry about that I should've clarified. I'm not 100% sure on which ones but from what I've gathered the following will not be able to run CFW:

TA-088 V3
TA-090 V2

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Easter Eggstpoit HEN (Homebrew Enabler) F.A.Q.

Q1 - When will the HEN be ready?
A1 - Davee said the HEN would be ready before Tuesday, even if it's not we know it's coming so let's just wait.

Q2 - What can I do with the Eggsploit HEN?
A2 - You will be able to run most homebrew applications and games in PSP's with firmware 5.00 and above, regardless of motherboard model.

Q3 - What's the difference between M33 Firmware and this HEN?
A3 - As far as known, M33 modules are missing from this HEN so don't expect plugins and nothing of the sort. Just the ability to run unsigned EBOOTs

Q4 - How will the HEN work?
A4 - As far as we've been told, the HEN will work pretty much in the same way as the Eggsploit. Load up the PHOTO menu on the PSP and the Eggsploit will trigger the PSP to reboot and enter "Homebrew Mode". This mode will last until you full-power off your PSP. After that if you want homebrew again, redo the above process.

Q5 - Will I be able to play ISOs (PSP and PSX) with HEN?
A5 - Answer is: NO. Davee does not condone or admit piracy and being truthful to his beliefs will make no kind of support to an ISO Loader. As far as the PSX emulator is concerned, see Q3. POPS is a M33 Firmware feature.

Q6 - What homebrew will I be able to run with HEN?
A6 - Hopefully most homebrew will work, since this is a Kernel Mode exploit. But if you see any homebrew isn't working, just wait a little and most likely a fixed version of that specific homebrew will come out, hopefully.

Q7 - Can I install M33 firmware using this?
A7 - Answer is yes, if you have a PSP Model 1000 or 2000, considering the latter does not have a TA-088v3 motherboard. PSP-3000 models are of the lot too because they have a TA-090v2 motherboard.

Q8 - How do I use this Eggsploit?
A8 - Download the file you found in the first page of this thread. Then put the Eggsploit version that corresponds to your PSP Model (phat.tiff = 1000/slim.tiff = 2000/3000). After that put at least 4 more images that have been created of modified before the Eggsploit file. The just load up the PHOTO menu in your PSP and wait. As far as I know this is the best method. Works 99% of the time for me. Oh also, before using the Eggsploit go to Settings > Theme and set it to original or it most likely won't work.

I originally made this small Eggsploit FAQ v2 HERE. I think it will answer most of the questions about this little piece of brilliant work ;)

Xander

Hey Davee, i asked this ? before but i would like u to answer it for me. Will the HEN support CXMBs.

Q3 - What's the difference between M33 Firmware and this HEN?
A3 - As far as known, M33 modules are missing from this HEN so don't expect plugins and nothing of the sort. Just the ability to run unsigned EBOOTs

Plugins will not work. ONLY EBOOTs will work.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I guess it should be said for those who might be confused but homebrew enabler is not the same thing as custom firmware. At the core of every custom firmware there is a homebrew enabler (the term coined for the action of patching modules in memory to allow unsigned code to run) but custom firmware has a whole lot more to it in the way of custom modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.