• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Time for new console

armac911

Hi guys, first time posting. Loving the place so far.

I've been PC gamer for the last ~30 years (and still am), but I decided to give the Xbox One S a chance 2 years ago and I love it. The gaming rigs I have are fine, the games are generally cheaper on PC, but I miss the Nintendo games charm since after the NES/SNES I skipped them all until the Wii came out. Now I am thinking about getting the switch, the full version not the lite.

Are owners of the switch generally happy with it? I know that Nintendo wants to keep their games on the pricey side, but I am willing to pay full retail for a quality game. How does it look when connected to a good monitor and playing up-close, like for example ASUS ROG Swift PG27AQ which is a 4k/IPS, but 60Hz. I am a bit concerned about the resolution. Also, how about battery life when on the go? Can I expect at least 3 hours on full charge for the most demanding games? And finally as someone who likes to carry a back-pack and just throw my stuff in there, how good is the build quality and does it easily scratch (i mean the body, the screen will get a protector).

Or maybe I should just skip it and wait for the PS5. I don't play on TV, but if anything the switch would probably look worse on a 65" TV.

PhoenixFG

I love my Switch! When I plug it into my 65" TV the graphics are great. I don't know about a monitor though. As far as battery life I have the V2 of the Switch(which will more than likely be the one you look at purchasing as well) and the battery life is about 5 hrs(I've been playing AC: NH a lot) but I always bring my charger with me. Just buy a case. Don't throw it in your bag! 😮😬

I grabbed the limited edition Animal Crossing: New Horizons Switch and a Skull & Co Gripcase.

Attachments

• 20200616_171659.jpg
    20200616_171659.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
  • 20200616_171509.jpg
    20200616_171509.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 43