• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Time Played and Stats coming soon to Stadia

U2NUMB

On the backs of Xbox removing these stats it seems Stadia is stepping up. They have updated the settings on the Chrome side under your account navigate to "Friends and Privacy" and you will see 2 new options under Your Activity.. Time Played per game and Player Stats see images below..for the settings page and then something Google shared last year about how we should expect these to display. Due to it being a sharing options I hope Exophase will be able to pull this data.

stadiastats.png

stadiaofficial.png

I am a big fan of the tech Stadia uses.. it is super slick and I will say this is a direct result of fans asking for this sort of thing. Google certainly is wanting to please the fans of the system.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
That's fantastic, I'll take a look this weekend and see if we can pull the data.

U2NUMB

That's fantastic, I'll take a look this weekend and see if we can pull the data.

Keep in mind it is not visible just yet it seems... and that second image was a google mock up from last year so who knows what the final design will look like. But it would be interesting if you could find the data before its public. One thing we know.. this stuff is coming, they added the settings.

U2NUMB

Alright.. its live!!!! Would love if the stats could also be pulled and placed on each game page. But time played is there just like the image above.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Just added support for tracking the playtime on Stadia :)

U2NUMB

Just added support for tracking the playtime on Stadia :)

So can I ask a favor as it relates to Stadia.. can we treat it like Steam or Xbox where even if you dont earn an achievement it will bump a game to the top if you have played it? Since it now tracks time played it would be nice to have it move games played to the top for that reason. I have noticed other platforms only bump when a trophy is earned which I get.. but I like seeing that time played stat updated even if an achievement is not earned.

Only if possible of course.. thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So can I ask a favor as it relates to Stadia.. can we treat it like Steam or Xbox where even if you dont earn an achievement it will bump a game to the top if you have played it? Since it now tracks time played it would be nice to have it move games played to the top for that reason. I have noticed other platforms only bump when a trophy is earned which I get.. but I like seeing that time played stat updated even if an achievement is not earned.

Only if possible of course.. thanks
Xbox and Steam give an actual last played date while Stadia does not currently. But if a change in the hours played is detected from the last scan,
then I could just use today's date so the game gets bumped up to the top.

Only issue I see is that if multiple games are played in the same day, then this method won't necessarily get the order correct. On your game list page on Stadia, are the games sorted by last played? No dates are visible, but if the sorting is correct, then I could check that to retain the correct order at least.

U2NUMB

Xbox and Steam give an actual last played date while Stadia does not currently. But if a change in the hours played is detected from the last scan,
then I could just use today's date so the game gets bumped up to the top.

Only issue I see is that if multiple games are played in the same day, then this method won't necessarily get the order correct. On your game list page on Stadia, are the games sorted by last played? No dates are visible, but if the sorting is correct, then I could check that to retain the correct order at least.

Yep it bumps the last played game achievement or not to the top of your list in their system. As long as it scans the new time played its not a big deal was just something I noticed happens on the other platforms and now I know why.

I just dont want it to be like TA where they ONLY update the time played if you earn an achievement.. so again as long as the time is updating when you scan even without an achievement earned then that should be fine without it bumping to the top of the list here..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yep it bumps the last played game achievement or not to the top of your list in their system. As long as it scans the new time played its not a big deal was just something I noticed happens on the other platforms and now I know why.

I just dont want it to be like TA where they ONLY update the time played if you earn an achievement.. so again as long as the time is updating when you scan even without an achievement earned then that should be fine without it bumping to the top of the list here..

Yeah it's setup to scan for playtime changes even without earning an achievement.