• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Timed Exclusives

PhoenixFG

With the announcement of DA:I DLC there was a lot of excitement which quickly turned to annoyance when PS4 players realized there was no ETA for the DLC on that platform.

What are your thoughts on timed exclusives(not exclusives in general)?

I'll admit I was pissed when Tomb Raider was announced for Xbox. I'd played it on PS4 and on PC. What did they mean I'd get to play it eventually?? TR is actually one of the reasons I got a Xbox(Quantum Break!!). Microsoft, you won that round!

On one hand I'm like meh since I have the luxury of owning both consoles. On the other hand I I'm just wondering why? Especially now when gamers stream constantly.

SihayatheFremen

Funny, I'm having this argument on Playfire right now.

Exclusives in general bother me. I feel like they are basically just bragging rights. "I have this and you don't"
Time exclusives to me, are better. They give those people that like having everything first their little moment of bragging and then allow for people who can't afford or do not want that other platform for whatever reason a chance to play the game/dlc as well. Its a win win

PhoenixFG

Funny, I'm having this argument on Playfire right now.

Exclusives in general bother me. I feel like they are basically just bragging rights. "I have this and you don't"
Time exclusives to me, are better. They give those people that like having everything first their little moment of bragging and then allow for people who can't afford or do not want that other platform for whatever reason a chance to play the game/dlc as well. Its a win win
I'm not surprised. BioWare and Microsoft have people in an uproar!:p

I'm the opposite. Exclusives don't bother me. That's what pushes consoles. Xbox equals Halo, PlayStation equals Uncharted. Depending on what type of games you most likely learn toward is the console you grab. Are you going to be envious of that just announced game that's only going to release on that console you don't have? Yeah, but you're content with what you have.

To me timed exclusives are like being hungry but you can't take your lunch break until your boss says and then that douchey coworker, knowing you're hungry, sits right in front of you and slowly starts to eat. See, you know you'll get to eat eventually but does it matter when the other person is eating now??
Did that make sense ? I've just woken up...and now I've made myself hungry!

Timed exclusives just rub me the wrong way. Plus,it just seems companies would make more money releasing across all platforms.

Gamer Steve

Being an owner of both consoles i dont have any issue with exclusives like it was stated it helps push certain consoles like halo or fable for xbox and uncharted and little big planet for playstation. Time exclusives on the other hand can be annoying especially when its about dlc's and what not i feel like if a game is out on all consoles and there gonna release a dlc it should be released at the same time not days or months apart....(what happen with the skyrim dlc's for ps3)

PhoenixFG

Being an owner of both consoles i dont have any issue with exclusives like it was stated it helps push certain consoles like halo or fable for xbox and uncharted and little big planet for playstation. Time exclusives on the other hand can be annoying especially when its about dlc's and what not i feel like if a game is out on all consoles and there gonna release a dlc it should be released at the same time not days or months apart....(what happen with the skyrim dlc's for ps3)
They still haven't announced if this new DLC is going to be on last gen. And yeah, release the game on consoles at the same time should mean automatically having the DLC at the same time !

Gamer Steve

They still haven't announced if this new DLC is going to be on last gen. And yeah, release the game on consoles at the same time should mean automatically having the DLC at the same time !
Yea I agree it's dumb how dlc Don't get released the sa me way or time