• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[TOOLS] XMB Theme Editing Tools

Slasher

Suck It
I just figured it would be a good idea to have a post filled with different XMB editing tools. I know they can be cumbersome to find individually by yourself, so here's your one stop spot. If you know of any more useful tools then please post in here and let me know.

Hex Workshop
This is the greatest tool around used for hex editing files such as prx's, etc.

RCO Editor v1.15c
Use this tool to open uncompressed RCO's and edit the contents within them. For example, open an uncompressed 'opening_plugin.rco' then set the values to remove the PSP logo that shows up every time your gameboot is executed.

CTF Extractor v1
Use this tool to extract the contents of a CTF file and also repatch the vshmain.prx, paf.prx and common_gui.prx to their original state.

CXMB 5.00 M33 to 5.02/5.03 GEN Converter
Use this windows app to convert existing 5.00 M33 compatible CTF themes to be compatible with the 5.02/5.03 GEN custom firmwares.

Custom Theme Creator v1.2
Made by Sony, this app creates legit custom PTF files for use on your PSP. This tool is also necessary for creating a dummy PTF that is used when creating custom CTF files for use on custom firmware.

CTF Manager v5.00
Use this GUI tool to directly create CTF files for use on 5.00 M33. You can also extract files from CTF's with this tool.

PSAR Dumper 5.0x
This tool is used for extracting the contents of an official PSP update eboot. Supports nearly every firmware all the way up until 5.0x. There's several different dumping methods, one of which is dumping the contents uncompressed.

Cryox

Bro.
That is funny you posted this as i just posted asking for something similar not too long ago. did you see that post?

And thanks for posting this

EDIT
Not sure if this would be helpful to any, but I created a batch file to simplify the process when using Davee's ctfextractor. I attached it below if anyone wants to use it. All it does is eliminate the need to open a command prompt in the folder that the ctfextractor is in. All you have to do is type in the filename of the ctf and your done.

If the block of text at the begging bugs you, just open the bat file in notepad and delete the text in between the + signs.

Hope this helps someone.