• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Tutorial] How to install Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A

silver_surfer

Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A

This is an english and short version of the 5.03GEN-A for HEN read-me
BE CAREFUL IN USING THIS APPLICATION!
This file is coming from WWW.PSPGEN.COM
Share it as you want for the fun but never forget to link pspgen for that

Rules:

01. Connect your PSP to the computer in USB Mode when you have loaded ChickHEN R2.
02. Unzip 5.03GEN-A_for_HEN.zip on your desktop by example
03. double-click on LAUNCH-ME.exe (GUI)
04. PSP Model : choose options PSP-2000 or PSP-3000 (depends of your PSP)
05. Mode : Choose option FULL
06. PSP Install : Choose option YES
07. push START.
08. the files are copied on your PSP.
09. Disconnect the PSP from USB.
10. Launch the main EBOOT.PBP using ChickHEN R2 (only R2! NOT R1!).
11. When the app load, press L or R to flash the firmware in your flash. YOU ONLY NEED MAKE IT ONE TIME!
12. Press () to reboot in the custom firmware.

NOTES:

- When you installed the custom firmware in your flash you can remove the "files" folder in the MS ROOT.
For your own safety, is better that you rename or erase the prx called "flasher.prx" in the MAIN APP folder to
avoid wrong flash times.

- If you shutdown the machine or the psp crash, you will need use again ChickHEN R2 to load the main app and press O
to reboot in the custom firmware, but if you dont shutdown the machine you are in the custom firmware forever.

BUGS:

- In recovery mode after the option "Configuration" the option selected is the next option. For example, Advanced is
CPU Speed, etc. This is a problem with the original recovery, because I dont have the code is very difficult find the problem.

REMEMBER! THIS APP DON'T TOUCH ANY FILE FROM THE ORIGINAL FIRMWARE!
IT IS YOUR FAULT IF YOU LATER CONNECT TO THE FLASH0 AND TOUCH SOME OFFICIAL FILE AND YOU HAVE A BRICK!

DON'T TOUCH THEM AND DON'T FLASH ANY CUSTOM THEME!

------------ GENyUS-------------

Greetings for this release :

- Dark_Alex for all his great work on scene since 4 years
- Miriam for his full reverse from M33 and the 5.02GEN-A
- PSPGEN Team & Members for help and support

UPDATE:

Due to an error in the archive, the Custom Firmware for 5.03GEN HEN-A only works on PSP 3000.
The error has been corrected in this new version

Download 5.03GEN-A for HEN v2

Download 5.03GEN-A for HEN
Source

Installation:

Note: If you already have plugins on your Memory Stick, be sure to disable them.

* Download Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A
* Unzip the archive on your desktop (or elsewhere)
* Connect your PSP to your PC via USB cable
* Turn your PSP into USB mode and note the letter assigned to the console by the system.
* Go into the directory created on your desktop and click LAUNCH-ME.exe
* The program window opens and offers options to select:

gui-5-03gen_00321138.png

#

* PSP Model: Choose between PSP-2000 or PSP-3000 model according to your PSP
Do not get confused!
* Mode: Select the option FULL
The other option has no interest yet.
PSP * Install: Choose YES
NO option has no value yet.
PSP * Drive Unit: Type the letter of your PSP's Drive. Do not ":" but just the letter (in our example, the PSP is recognized G)

# Click on START and the files will be patched and copied to the Memory Stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqoXJTiWKVE

# Once the files are copied, disconnect your PSP and exit the USB mode.
# On your PSP, go to GAME> MEMORY STICK> INSTALL-LOADER

5-03gen-for-hen-2_00321132.png

Press X to start the application.

5-03gen-for-hen-5_00321135.png

# Once the application launched, you have several choices:

* Triangle if you want to leave without doing anything.
* LTrigger or Rtrigger to flash your console (it must do so first)
* Circle to launch the Custom Firmware (only if you have already flashed the files)

# In our case, the first installation, you must press LTrigger or RTrigger. The files are flash in your console.
THERE IS NO RISK OF BRICK IN THE OPERATION.

5-03gen-for-hen-6_00321136.png

Then, press circle to start the Custom Firmware

5-03gen-for-hen-7_00321137.png

PSP reboot and you're in Custom Firmware 5.03GEN-A for HEN

5-03gen-for-hen-3_00321133.png

Here is the complete video showing the installation / launching of 5.03GEN for HEN-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDc3zniE0qQ

How can the Custom Firmware 5.03GEN HEN-A for my console if a reboot or died?

Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A is a real but the Custom Firmware PSP-3000 (and PSP-2000V3)
may not start, ignition, a modified firmware. It must pass through the chickHEN R2 Dave and
run the install-LOADER to activate the Custom Firmware itself.

Source: PSPGEN.COM

Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A: First Mini Frequently Asked Questions.
by MaGiXieN

FAQ:

* The Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A is not fake
We thought that it was needless to say but never PSPGEN announced an exclusive without this happen.
We are often late because we have a real life that interferes with the site, but we always kept our commitments.

* No risk of brick in normal use
Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A can not brick your console during the installation. Understand that the
Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A adds the files it needs but does not those of the official firmware 5.03.
Once installed, as it is a Custom Firmware, you have access to the flash0 of your console.

Note that on a PSP-3000 (or PSP-2000 v3), DO NOT TOUCH THE FLASH0
since editing a file of OFW 5.03 will result in am Irreparable Brick.

* Will it put an unofficial theme
NO. The unofficial themes are actually files that replace the firmware in the flash of your console.
As mentioned above, this operation is prohibited on PSP-3000 and PSP-2000 v3 bec. it could your Brick PSP.

* The Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A can be installed on all the PSP?
It runs on all PSP including PSP-2000 v3 and PSP-3000. It has no relevance on the PSP-1000 that can install
Custom Firmware 5.02GEN-A thru other means (Pandora Kit, ChickHEN R2 with Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, etc.).

* The Custom Firmware 5.03GEN-A need for HEN he reactivation in the event of termination of the console?
YES but not a relocation. Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A is a real but the Custom Firmware PSP-3000
(and PSP-2000V3) may not start like a modified firmware. It must pass through Davee's chickHEN R2 to launch/run
the program (or installs the first time) Custom Firmware itself. Once launched, the PSP Custom Firmware is the
same as it flashes files to flash0. Only the launch mode is different.

* Is there a Recovery Mode?
YES, The 5.02GEN-A has been patched to run on the PSP-3000. It allows you to change the majority of the usual
(Example: The deletion of coldboot example is useless since the PSP does not start in Custom firmware).
Note that we encounter some problems with this recovery in VSH and we will probably wait for a patch to
correct to be 100% functional. Note that the GEN VSH MENU works very well.

* Is there a kit for SDK Custom Firmware for 5.03GEN-A HEN?
No. PSP-3000 and PSP-2000 v3 motherboards have prevented the use of such a system.
Everything is possible but in this case the probability of such a system is really very low.

* How to install Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A?
At the base is a windows application (sorry for the others) that allows you to patch the
Custom Firmware 5.02GEN-A to make it compatible with the PSP-3000 and PSP-2000 V3 before
copying the files needed to install on the Memory Stick of the PSP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqoXJTiWKVE

Then, once the files are copied, you should like the video shown yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDc3zniE0qQ

Source

NOTE: THIS IS A GOOGLE TRANSLATION WITH MINOR EDITING BY SPIDEY @ PSP4NOOBZ!!!

Pranzer

Ei Guys! Help for my PSP2001. I have install Hen R2 and OFW is 5.03 after running successfully HEN r2, then GEN A is next. after pressing O (rebooting custom firmware). It shutdown and try it again but still no luck.

What I did:
1. I've reformatted mem stick more than 5 times. (using scandisk 4gig)
2. Lunch me.exe more than 20x
3. HEN R2 a couple of times (mostly successful)

Is there anyway that I can run this GEN A successfully?

BTW: I have successfully installed GEN A (using HEN R2) on PSP 3001, why can't I do it on PSP2001?? Thanks in Advance

cyrus

was wondering after putting the psp into GEN mode. can you swap out MS's?like make a MS for making the psp into GEN Mode and once its there switch out memsticks with backups of legally owned iso's?or does the MS with backups have to havet he chickhen files

Pranzer

Yes you can I have already tested it cause all the CFW is already loaded on the flash!

donsammy

when i try to run the installer i get the following error:
SYSTEMCTRL 1_02G.PRX MISSING

what is missing?

HyBRiD

just a question. since it reboots upon activation, has anyone tried using the pandora to activate during reboot? or does it go straight to the load screen? i'm just trying my luck here.. keke

Blaze_Fire

Very nice post.

I may try this out sometime, even though I have a 3000/need to...

Pranzer

@ silversurfer

I have downloaded the update for this!! and it works perfectly (PSP 2001). Thank you!:biggrin:

booom

just a question. since it reboots upon activation, has anyone tried using the pandora to activate during reboot? or does it go straight to the load screen? i'm just trying my luck here.. keke

i will try also when i get home. and i will post result tonight. but i think its 70% it wont work.

january39

eXo Staff
I can bet 100% it won't work - Not unless the Pre-ipl can be got at.

dante.x

HELP!

i have a psp 2001, and i downloaded the updated version of 5.03Gen-A. after loading ChickenR2, i followed the steps to install 5.03Gen-A, but when i go and press x to run the INSTALL-LOADER file, it says that the file is corrupted. help please!!!

attski

Before I post my enquiry,
DANTE, you checked system information and there is ChickHen R2 right?
If so then INSTALL-LOADER should work, otherwise get ChickHEN R2 going.

I don't see why there should be "file corrupted" unless the files are really corrupted. Delete the "files" folder in your root folder and delete also the "INSTALLer" folder that has your eboot for 5.03GEN-A, then try running the Application to copy those files in again from your computer, with your PSP/USB mode going. Then try and have a go again with INSTALL-LOADER.

Now for MY ENQUIRY, I don't know if anyone has come upon this cause I've just gotten back into PSP CFW and stuff again, YaY for breakthrough - PSP2000 ta88v3 owner. Thank you to everyone that's been behing all of the CFW scenes! :)

Anyway....The thing is, I've gotten ChickHEN R2 going right, and I've been trying out CFW Enabler 3.30 as well.
So for my experimentation i restarted from the beginning with OFW 5.03 -> ChickHEN R2 -> and got the 5.03GEN-A going.

Now I shutdown my PSP again, did OFW 5.03 -> ChickHEN R2 again

NOTE: I have already deleted my "files" folder and renamed my flasher.prx

So now 5.03GEN-A won't load and get's an error, this is normal right?

Now what I went and tried to do instead of loading 5.03GEN-A, I tried loading CFW Enabler 3.30 instead, and that didn't work.

But what did happen is it loaded up 5.03GEN-A instead .....LawL...and now it looks like I need to find a way to be able to load CFW Enabler 3.30 again

What you guys think? :D

Blaze_Fire

@attski- I'm not sure if I'm reading right, but if you already have 5.03 GEN-A installed, you won't need CFW Enabler.

attski

Blaze_Fire, yea, I know dude, use either one or the other, but the thing is I did a boo boo.

Now when I want to load CFW Enabler 3.30 I can't
(Even though I start from the beginning at OFW 5.03 when i shutdown my PSP)

Cause when I try to do that, it loads 5.03 GEN-A instead LoL

I need to find a way to uninstall 5.03 GEN-A if I want to play with CFWEnabler 3.03 again :)

But yea, other than that, I'm happy with 5.03 GEN-A but yea, looks like i screwed up flash0 by not uninstalling 5.03 GEN-A before trying out CFWEnabler.....

That's why I'm stuck with GEN-A when I try to load CFWEnabler lol...at least it doesn't brick my PSP PHEW! >.<

Now awaiting to see if they got a way to uninstall GEN-A or something, so its out of flash0.

Pranzer

@ Attski

Try this Fist Turn off your psp and it should be OFW 5.03. then run Hen r2 and CFWE 3.30 or 3.20 either the two and choose uninstall, this will prompt you that it was successfully uninstall (because some files of GEN A remains in flash0). Then install again CFWE 3.30. it should work. good luck
8)

ZENDAVESTA

Themes in Gen A

Hey guys thanks for this amazing crack. I just managed to do so last week and well the steps are really detailed and clear. pspgen thx.. all the same i know that its stated that no custom themes shall be flashed.. and me being a little new to the homebrew and the psp could you please let me know if there are any themes i can get on my psp with the Gen a custom firmware in place?? please guys need a reply and this brick part of the psp 3000 sounds scary so just waiting for some good advice