• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Tutorial] Jailbreaking any iDevice (3.1.3)

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf

karnbmx

ceebs. :)
Alright.... A question.

If I have a tethered device and I wish to jailbreak using Spirit, is there any way that I can backup my Cydia apps and jailbroken apps before I attempt???

More specifically, would Spirit retain my jailbroken and Cydia apps upon install???

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Start off by changing the compatibility mode on the programs.
Spirit 1.0 needs Windows 98/Windows ME mode, while Spirit 1.1 should have Windows 95.
worked fine in windows 7 for me, i didn't think spirit really needed an tutorial, but at the same time, when i searched for a 3.1.3 jailbreak, i kept coming across stuff for 3.1.2, so the more tuts means more chance another person well find the correct info.

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
Alright.... A question.

If I have a tethered device and I wish to jailbreak using Spirit, is there any way that I can backup my Cydia apps and jailbroken apps before I attempt???

More specifically, would Spirit retain my jailbroken and Cydia apps upon install???
It's your lucky day.
Yes.

Get aptbackup from cydia. Hit backup. Sync your device with iTunes, restore to 3.1.3 and jailbreak with Spirit. Open Cydia and re-download aptbackup. This time, hit restore.

Done!
worked fine in windows 7 for me, i didn't think spirit really needed an tutorial, but at the same time, when i searched for a 3.1.3 jailbreak, i kept coming across stuff for 3.1.2, so the more tuts means more chance another person well find the correct info.

YEah. Tho I've had a lot of troubles with Spirit 1.1. Supposedly it fixed a bug with pictures disappearing, but I haven't had any troubles with it.