• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

TV Online

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
I know that there are plenty of college students here, and sometimes we don't always have time to watch our favorite shows at the time that they air.
What I want to get going here, is a little thread filled with peoples' favorite websites where they can catch up on their TV shows/other online streaming.

Some sites that I'm familiar with include:
Hulu
NBC's website (some of their shows can be viewed on their website)
tv-links.cc used to be an okay site, but I believe that it's not working so well anymore (at least not for me)

What are some other streaming sites that you guys use?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I personally dislike streaming sites, mainly because of the commercials and streaming regulations (have to wait till the next day to stream most shows). So instead of streaming I just download every TV show the same night they air. It's usually about an hour max after a show was aired that you are able to download it. When I'm at school, since torrents are blocked, I use sites that offer direct-download links (such as megaupload). My favorite site for download TV shows and a site I use on a nearly daily basis is: http://megarelease.net While this is bordering on the line of "illegal content distribution", it's well worth not having to wait till the next day

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
Thanks Frozen.
I was talking more along the lines of illegal streaming anyway.
tv-links.cc is one of them.
Hulu is terrible because it's like real TV, and I hate commercials xD

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I'd rather just DVR, shows and watch when I get around to it. Either that or the on demand channel. If I must stream, I use hulu.

Joey

Really? Is it so terrible to watch 3 30 second commercials? Is it really so bad to support the content your so fervently searching for? I get not liking TV commercials, but sites like Hulu make you sit through less than a minute and a half of commercials. Dailyshow.com only makes you sit through one 30 second spot at the beginning. Is this really too much advertising for you guys?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Really? Is it so terrible to watch 3 30 second commercials? Is it really so bad to support the content your so fervently searching for? I get not liking TV commercials, but sites like Hulu make you sit through less than a minute and a half of commercials. Dailyshow.com only makes you sit through one 30 second spot at the beginning. Is this really too much advertising for you guys?

When I can get it earlier and without commercials then why not? Along with full control over the media is nice. I generally watch my favorite shows on TV, while other shows that I can't watch on TV or don't have the time to I download them

Deifell

exophase writemyessay

I prefer Popcornflix and Netflix to watch TV shows and other stuff online. Now, my favorites are Westworld, I Am Not Okay with This and Misfits (sci-fi). I'm pursuing a BS in Artificial Intelligence at UAT and science fiction movies/shows are practically everything I'm watching now.