• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Twitter linked but does not tweet out my gaming status?

The_DooMinator

I have my Twitter linked to my Exophase account but for some reason, it doesn't tweet out my gaming status (TheDooMinatorFPS played x game in 24 hours).

It used to but it stopped I think around when I requested my name to be changed here.

Any advice?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Seems it was an issue with the Tweet frequency option not being set, still looking into it but for now I've just set your profile settings to 24 hours.

Edit: Should be fixed now, probably affected other users that never set the frequency option as well so thanks for reporting this :)

Last edited:

The_DooMinator

Seems it was an issue with the Tweet frequency option not being set, still looking into it but for now I've just set your profile settings to 24 hours.

Edit: Should be fixed now, probably affected other users that never set the frequency option as well so thanks for reporting this :)
Thank you! :)

Works now.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Same problem...after change username automatic tweet doesn't work...thanks

Next time you play a game it should tweet. It's likely because none of your last played times have changed since I pushed out the fix.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't think this has been updating for me as well haven't had a new tweet in a while

Have you tried unlinking/linking Twitter again? Seeing this in the logs:

Invalid or expired token.

Twitter sometimes expires tokens on certain account changes (like a password change), might've been what triggered it. Anyway re-linking will refresh the access token and should fix it.

Last edited:

Gamer Steve

Have you tried unlinking/linking Twitter again? Seeing this in the logs:

Twitter sometimes expires tokens on certain account changes (like a password change), might've been what triggered it. Anyway re-linking will refresh the access token and should fix it.
Thank u

Lornarghh

Sorry to post in a thread that is almost a year old but I'm having the same problem.
I've tried unlinking/linking and waiting to see if it will update when I play a new game but nothing happens.

Update: it seems to have fixed itself.

Last edited: