• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Two Queries (CXMB and Start-Up)

Hileict

Okay, first off, here are the specs of my PSP now;

PSP Type -3002
Firmware Path - OFW 5.03 > ChickHEN R2 5.03 > 5.03GEN-A (Full) > 5.03GEN-B (Full)
Current Homebrew - SNES9x_TYL, possibly some PSX games later or gpSP

Now, two major questions..

1. Can I no longer (at all, ever, no matter what), reset the PSP using the switch? Is there any way at all to restart the PSP in a way that will still keep the GEN-B, rather than reverting back to OFW 5.03 like it has about 6 times today, trying many different options.
2. How exactly can I install this and this, using my current setup. Something fairly detailed would be nice because I'm not exactly used to hacking consoles.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

I usually don't double-post or anything, but there's new stuff happening :O

I've got the VSH menu working so I know to use that shutdown option when turning the PSP off. I've installed some custom XMB themes, but now whenever I select a ctf file, the PSP will restart but only the background, etc has changed.. The XMB should look different too, but it hasn't changed at all o_O When I downloaded some, the description mentioned it's M33 versions, but I have GEN-B, however, apparently they both have firmware compatibilities and all. It looks fine at the moment, but I'd prefer to utilize the entire theme..

Aaaand another edit, I've been trying and trying to add CXMB 3.3 so that custom XMB themes can be added.. But somehow now, even though I've got over 20-30 .ctf's in the folder, the PSP isn't showing them.. o_O I'm really not sure what's going on here, whether the themes I have/had are a differing version or whatever.. But from what I've seen, CXMB 3.3 stuff works for 5.50 (and under) M33 AND GEN firmwares and even below 5.50 as well.. Eh. If this doesn't work, I'd at least like to be able to revert back to the .ptf's..

SpAMCAN

You need the modded CXMB that can use 5.00 themes on 5.03. Google it.

EDIT: You also need a CXMB plugin in the first place.

Hileict

I have that plugin already and I'm sure it's that same plugin that allows 5.00 themes for 5.03.. I've moved those .ctf's back to my PC and re-added some .ptf's which work fine (I have a Borderlands one set on my PSP right now, but it's the normal XMB, unlike the .CTF ones.

Hm.. I'll see what I can find..