• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Ubisoft: No Plans for I Am Alive PC, Cites Tired 'PC Games Don't Sell' Argument

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
iamalive1.jpg

Ubisoft has no plans to bring its survival-adventure I Am Alive to PC. Why? Creative director Stanislas Mettra revealed in a recent interview with IncGamers that the cost of releasing a PC port isn't the worth the payoff, since "few people are paying for PC games."

Further, Mettra gave an example, saying that it'd be difficult to break even with 50,000 copies sold[...]

Continue reading: Ubisoft: No Plans for I Am Alive PC, Cites Tired 'PC Games Don't Sell' Argument...

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
go Digital only.

Will save them production costs.

It's better than nothing.
And it shouldn't be too hard to really put in the effort to bring it to the PC anyways since developing for the 360 uses things like DX9.

And doesn't the PS3 use OpenGL based API's too or something?

JohnVani18

You should also add to the list GR Future Soldier..

WhoGotTheChunk

Just use Steam as an anti piracy method. Yes its not 100% but still, if your games good enough, it'll sell. Look at Skyrim. 230,000 people playing on Steam. Thats nearly 5x the amount needed.
Granted, I don't play PC games, I play xBox, I just think its a lame cop-out to say that about PC games.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
BESIDES.
Most of the time PC people COMPLAIN, because companies SCREW THE CONSUMER in the name of preventing "Piracy".
With Piss poor ports, DRM that requires constant on internet or DRM that is basically MALWARE. DRM that only lets you install a few times that causes you to be SoOL(ShitOutOfLuck) when you have to re-install windows, or build a new PC or play it on another PC.

Measures like this ONLY Hurt the paying honest customers while it does NOTHING to stop piracy because people can find workarounds lickity split./Crack the games.

Look at Serious Sam 3, they released on PC just 2 days ago before they make console versions and it's getting Praise from PC gamers for being a game PROPERLY made for PC(despite some minor performance bugs for the moment which is normal) and not screwing people with DRM. They use Steamworks.

Oh well, it's not like they listen anyway.
I can understand from a certain point of view that Consoles are more profitable.
The game looks good enough on consoles I guess.

Nader

Indeed. The companies just won't admit that they're too lazy and only want to go after wherever the easy money is.