• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Ultimate Quake II Patch by MenaceInc

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Ultimate Quake II Patch by MenaceInc
This patch utilizes the KMQuake2 engine developed by Knightmare, the music patch originally hosted on widescreengamingforum.com and the NSIS install system developed by Nullsoft.

If anyone objects to their work being used in this patch, please feel free to contact me at shatorikiriyama [a] hotmail.co.uk

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PATCH IS FOR STEAM VERSIONS ONLY!
This patch can be used with the retail versions of Quake II but the default directory is that of the Steam version.

These patches will install music for Quake II. Quake II:Ground Zero and Quake II:The Reckoning appear to use the same music track at the moment but I am working on getting the full soundtrack from a disc.
The current patch will use ~100MB of space.
I've also included a custom config.cfg for more modern default fps controls.
Please note as well that selecting Delete Local Content on Steam will not delete the music or dll files included.
These will have to be manually deleted.

Also, trying to Verify integrity of game cache will result in the game files being overwritten with the originals.
If you try installing one of the expansions, you will need to reinstall this patch as Steam rewrites over the modified files.

That said, please do not bother me with Steam issues.

Ultimate Quake II Patch v1.0 by MenaceInc